Eleven

"We've been back home for two hours now and I have yet to feed my hunger pains. Where is my surprise?" I whine, stomping my foot.

Raine seemed unbothered by my childish actions as he laid on the sofa scrolling through his stupid phone. "It's been ready. I just made you wait because you were annoying me with your tantrum." He confessed, pissing me off even more.

"That is so like you." I shook my head, mugging him down. "I haven't eaten a thing since breakfast and you're playing games with me, knowing how I get when I'm hungry."

He shrugged. "Oh, well. You'll be alright."

My mouth fell slightly agape at his indignant comment. I stood silently, thinking he'll tell me it's a joke, but he never did. Having enough of this crap, I sighed and turned towards the door. "Screw it. I don't even want the surprise anymore. I'll get my own damn food."

"Really? How are you going to get around? Lee has the rest of the night off."

"I'll hitch a ride. These Puerto Rican men love themselves a beautiful black woman with nice assets. Lucky for me, I have both." Snatching my purse off the counter, I opened the door and before I could step a foot on the other side, my body was gently pulled back. I frowned as Raine slam the door shut and locked it. "Are you crazy?"

"No, but you got me fu-messed up if you think you're about to entertain another man on my watch." He stared at me insanely. "You're doing entirely too much right now over something so small."

Keeping quiet, I walked into the kitchen and searched through the cabinets until I found a container of salted peanuts. If he wasn't talking about feeding me, I had no more words for him. I sat at the island and began eating the only dinner it seems like I'm getting. He stood off to the side, eyeing me and laughing. "Enlighten me on what's amusing to you."

"Your stink ass attitude is amusing. All over some food." I rolled my eyes, stuffing another handful of peanuts in my mouth. "Alright, come with me, so I can feed the big baby."

He took the snacks from me, sitting them on the counter and pulling me up by my hand. We walked out of the patio door and down the path to the beach. I saw what looked like glistening lights about a quarter mile down down. As we came closer, my attitude slowly drifted away and I almost felt bad for how I acted.

"Annnnd here we are." He said once we made it to the little set up.

"Aww, it's so simple--which happens to be what I like--yet it's intimate and I can see a lot of thought was put into it

"Aww, it's so simple--which happens to be what I like--yet it's intimate and I can see a lot of thought was put into it." Looking closer, I noticed our "chairs" we'd be sitting in. "Oh, my gosh! This is really creative Raine."

"Thanks, but I had someone make the seats for us. You know damn well I didn't do it. However, the dinner is all me." He added. I smiled looking at the set up. With the sun setting, it made everything ten times more romantic. "I would pull your seat out for you, but I can't."