"Uh, Luke?" my voice clearly expressing the confusion I was currently feeling.

"Over here!"

I followed his voice, before finding his perched on the roof of a rusty red pickup truck. The open back of the truck was filled with pieces af cardboard which Luke's feet nipped at as he swung his legs from the roof his was sitting on.

"Sophie, this is Tilly." he said proudly. "Tilly the pickup truck." he extended out his open hands, to show me the true significance of the vehicle.

He beamed at me- similar to the one Calum wore when he spoke about Bree. But let's not forget about the fact that Bree is an actually person whereas 'Tilly' was a pickup truck.A rusty red pickup truck. Named Tilly.

Luke had a full toothy smile as his rubbed the chipped paint on Tilly. I knew there was something off about this guy. But this. This was unexpected.

The truck was positioned backwards from the pile of abandoned junk and the grass it layed on was covered with crumpled drink cans and takeaway wrappers were scattered aimlessly around the area. It was surrounded by trees, however looking straight up, the view was clear.

I drew my attention back to Luke.

"...Are you feeling okay?" I asked cautiously. Three things made me ask the question. One, He was smiling. That's a first. Two, he just introduced me to a inanimate object that he had named. I repeat, named. And lastly, I had been in his presence for more then thirty seconds and he has not once made a spiteful comment or question.

It's a start I suppose.

The wide toothy grin dispersed, leaving a small smile left unmovable from his face.

"Have you got signal?" he pulled out his phone, ignoring my question.

I slid the top of my phone out of my pocket, peeking at the screen.

"Nope."

"Good." Luke threw his phone into one of the bushes at the foot of the truck. He slid off of the roof of the truck, removed the sheets of cardboard from the back and sat down, leaning against the sides of the truck.

My eyes went from Luke, to the bush and back to Luke.

"I hope you're not expecting me to do that too."

He snorted, "To be honest I don't really expect anything from you."

Here we go...

Luke looked over at me, "But I guess that's not a bad thing."

"Why?" I asked as I climbed into the back of the truck, placing myself on the opposite side, facing him. "So you don't have a reason to judge people?" I teased. Luke squinted at the sun making it's way down the sky as he thought of his answer.

He shrugged. "I'm in a band. I can do what I want." he smiled smugly, he tongue poking through his the space of his teeth.

I rolled my eyes and his remark, fiddling with a scrap of cardboard I teared from the surface of the truck. "You run pretty fast." I attempted at small talk, realizing this was my first actual conversation with Luke without any screaming or bombardment of questions.

The wind started to get chilly, blowing strands of hair into my face as I spoke. " How do you do it? I mean, apart from the fact you're like eighty percent leg." I joked. Well, half joked. I mean, have you seen the length of this guy's legs?

"I don't know...I just..." he smiled. But not a usually smug grin or even a smirk. A smile. A proper, genuine smile. "Don't Stop."

He let out a small chuckle. Before soon enough he was bent in half laughing at his own joke.