chapter 9 | left

Hermione has listened so well as I cried insane amounts of tears as I explained what happened to Josh. How he jumped because I didn't love him back. Now I do.

"He might not have left..." Hermione stood up and took my hand. We stormed straight to the Great Hall where I saw Edwards girlfriend sat.

"Stroud!" I called across the hall, covered in tears and my hair a mess. Everyone stared at me in shock. I did look hideous. "Where's Edwa—"

"He left with his brother about 1 hour ago." She seemed quite sad to be honest, she ate her pasta sadly,"Didn't you know?"

Hermione shook her head with me.

"They've gone, Snape. I'm sorry." She shrugged and looked back down to her copy of the daily prophet.

I inhaled, trying to calm myself down. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as I saw Iggy holding her case and her owl. I bolted from the Ravenclaw table and into the entrance. She turned her head sharply at the sight of me, I noticed she had a bruised eye, whoops.

"Going somewhere?" I asked, with Hermione right behind me.

"I'm going back to Ilvermorny." She licked her teeth with annoyance. "I'm just going on the train now."

Hermione tapped my shoulder as we thought the same thing. Maybe the train hadn't left yet.
I considered dissapparating me and Hermione to Hogsmeade station but I couldn't let her know I'm a death eater.
Instead, we walked in silence with Iggy.

————————————

The train was sat there, I could see the two of them on the other side of the glass. It was dark and me and Hermione almost tripped on the gap in the door as we hurried into the carriage where they were sat.

"What are you doing?" I found myself screaming at them. "You were going to leave without saying goodbye!"

Hermione nudged me. "I'm gonna go..." She smiled apologetically as she left the carriage.

"I thought you wouldn't want to-"

"Want to what! Say goodbye?" I sat down next to them,"Josh. I love you."

The train was already pretty silent but it seemed to get even more silent. My words echoed a bit until Josh gulped.

"We have to go, Elise. To keep you and each other safe." Edward leaned forward and nodded his head.

"Thank you for everything you and your dad have done for us but, we need to go..."

I shook my head.
"Please don't leave me..."

The train started up and the steam covered the outside of the windows. I stood up and looked at Josh one last time. Man was I going to miss his face. Edward smiled, with tears in his eyes, as I left the carriage.
I stood alone in the station watching Josh watch me. He looked so sad, and so scared. He knew he was going to be chased by Voldemort forever now. I waved sadly to them as the train left. It seemed to zoom away as if it wanted me to go through this traumatic experience quickly.
Then I sat on the floor and sobbed. I sobbed as much I sobbed when my mum died. This was the same kind of pain. I felt the same fire inside me as I did when Draco dumped me, and then dated Isobel Black. I felt every anger and sadness I had ever felt and to make it worse, Hermione, Harry, Ron and Draco ran down the platform together. Hermione dropped to her knees in-front of me and examined my distraught face as I sat on the cold floor. Draco and Harry fought to sit next to me. Ron gave up and stood behind Hermione.

"They're gone..." I blurted out. I was heartbroken.

"Elise, there's something I need to tell you..." Hermione looked to the floor and then up to Draco who was frowning deeply.
"Josh used a love potion on you...I don't know when but I assume it was the night when Draco and Iggy came home drunk and you fell asleep together..."

I shook my head in disbelief, still crying tremendously.
"No! He wouldn't have!"

"Elise...we have proof!" Harry tried to talk it into me but I couldn't believe it.

"Her and Josh had planned everything. When your dad found out Iggy used a love potion on me to get me to kiss her and then to make you jealous, he also noticed that two viles were taken. He traced them back to Iggy and Josh..."
Draco held my hand,"What you feel isn't real."

Hermione pulled something out of her bag.
"Drink this. It will get the love potion out of your system."

I swallowed a whole vile of this potion. Then I stood up.

"He used a love potion on me! How could he! I risked my life to save him and his brother and he does this?!" I dissaparated back to the Slytherin common room and ran to my dorm where I, angrily, tore up the picture of us and threw it into the green flames that were burning at the end of my bed. The sadness was gone.