chapter 20 | a new side to draco

"hey potter!" i called to harry as he walked alone past the dungeons. he looked up with a smile and went to hug me but i backed away.

"what's up with you—"

draco turned the corner with pansy, crabbe and goyle. i smirked. my heart was breaking inside but i knew this was for the best.

"potter!" draco pushed his way forward as pansy followed him; i pushed her away and she shot me a look, i shot one back. "wanted to come and see the common room?" draco's voice got deeper and scarier. i could tell harry felt unsafe.

"no, i'm actually just going to meet my friends." harry frowned at me but my face was cold and stern,"my real friends...." he sighed and walked away, i let him go. draco snorted to himself and walked away with me to potions where we found it to be cancelled because of an emergency trip needed for my dad. i went to his office to find he was gone.

"where is he?" draco asked,"can't you do your weird, black smoke, flying thing?"

i laughed,"apparating?"

draco nodded, with an embarrassed smile. i held his hand and closed my eyes. i heard draco yell as we flew to malfoy manor in an aura of black smoke and black clouds. we landed and draco vomited everywhere.

"sorry..." he said as he wiped his mouth of sick.

"don't worry, it happens..." i laughed under my breath but draco heard.

we walked slowly towards malfoy manors front entrance where i could see voldemort himself. draco squinted at him, not recognizing him.

"who's that?" draco whispered, absentmindedly knowing the answer.

"it's him, draco." i said as we approached the gates. "alohamora." i whispered and the gates creaked open, making a deafening squeaking noise that drew everyone's attention.
narcissa malfoy ran towards us in a panic, also very angrily.

"how the hell did you get here!?" her voice sounded shaky and she didn't seem happy at all.
draco looked at me.

"i apparated mrs malfoy, i'm so sorry, i know it's against the law but..." narcissa has pulled me and draco into an everlasting, tight hug that took my breath away, physically.

"don't be sorry!" she pointed a finger at my chest and frowned to draco who didn't know what to do,"besides, you're with us now. there are no laws under this roof, within reason."
she glanced between me and draco and we all giggled slightly.

then lucius approached us with a cold glare and a stern walk.
"what are you doing out of school?" his eyebrows furrowed angrily.
narcissa shot him an angry look and his face relaxed.

"i understand, its fine. there are important things going on." he nodded with a melancholy smile that wasnt full of any emotion at all.

———————————

"draco, don't freak out but...he wants to talk to you." narcissa pulled draco away to talk to him. i overheard as i walked into the dining room of malfoy manor where all of the death eaters were. i walked in to see a boy around my age hanging from the ceiling with blood trickling from his hands. then i realised he had been stabbed in the palms of his hands and hung. he wasn't dead because i could hear his heartbeat (veela hearing).

voldemort sat at the end of the table and watched my reaction to the body. i sat down silently with my head down and stared down at my wand. then draco sat down next to me in the same way and stared at my wand with me. i glanced up for a spilt second to see every single death eater, including narcissa, lucius and voldemort, watching me.

"yes?" i asked. a few off them raised their eyebrows, including lucius. voldemort, however stood up and walked behind me and draco. he leaned in between our chairs as we tried to control our uncontrollably shaky hands.

"kill, him." voldemort whispered into draco's ear. draco did a double take, looking shocked. his eyes watered as he stood up slowly, pulling out his wand reluctantly. everyone watched as if it was some kind of performance. i, however, couldnt watch. voldemort loved this.

"draco, just do it!" a small man whispered down the table. draco looked at him and then back to the young, brunette boy who wasn't even fased. he was in so much pain that he wanted death.
i watched draco slowly lift his wand towards him and then i kicked off.

"stop!" i stood up quickly just as draco drew a breath to say a spell. everyone gasped and glared at me. lucius shook his head whilst narcissa watched closely with teary eyes too. "expelliarmus."
draco's wand flew into my hand in slow motion, it seemed. lucius stood up suddenly and slammed his hands on the table.

"don't kill him, uncle." i pleaded with voldemort who was grinning at me.

"why should i not?" he asked as he pushed draco's shoulders back down into his chair.

"because i would expose you." i raised an eyebrow,"all of you!" i turned to the rest of them.

voldemort sighed quite sarcastically and shot a spell at the boy, causing him to drop onto the table. he crawled, in agony, to the end of it. he began to cry, leaving a trail of blood behind him.

i chased after him as he ran out of malfoy manor.