chapter 7 | josh lets go

In silence, me, Iggy, Draco and Josh made our way to the Potions classroom. It was quieter at this end of the school as most people were getting food in the Great Hall. I tried to stay calm as we all sat down on the desks and my dad sat behind his desk.

"Right." He inhaled,"What's going on?"

I exchanged looks with Josh who was paler than Iggy.

"Sir, it's my fault..." Draco broke the silence,"I did something to upset Elise and it involves Iggy and—"

"What did you do?" My dad leaned forward to listen to Draco.

"I kissed Iggy, I was drunk."

I looked down at my lap and held back my tears, Draco's voice made all the feels come back.

"Okay." Dad inhaled calmly again.
"Of course, Miss Black, you must know that your actions are against the school rules. We traced the spell used to curse Elise's broom back to your wand. Not to mention that you used a love potion on Mr Malfoy, furthermore, stealing from the potions store."

Everyone was shocked at his words. I looked at Draco who was glaring at Iggy with a look of disgust, so was Josh. I started to cry.

"Professor Dumbledore is going to talk to you tomorrow Miss Black. Then, it is most likely you will be expelled and your wand be banished."

This kept getting better and better.

"As head of Slytherin, however, I have the power to choose this before Dumbledore can approve it. Therefore, you are expelled."

A huge smirk grew on my face as I watched Iggy ever-growing frown turn into an expression of shock and anger.

"But sir!" She whined,"You can't expel me! I'm one of you!"

I glanced to Draco who was shaking his head.

"Prove it." Josh said as he pulled up his sleeve and revealed his dark mark. I showed her mine too. She looked confused for a moment and pulled up her sleeve. There was nothing.

"You're a liar." My dad said in his menacing, deep voice. "Away with you!"

Iggy stood up and left quickly, she stomped her feet angrily as she made her way towards the Slytherin common room. Me, Josh and Draco looked at eachother and our faces lit up.

"I didn't think you could really do such a thing, Draco." My dad said,"It travelled around the school fast, what you did, and I went straight to the storage cupboard to find the exact ingredients for a love potion had gone."

I smiled at Draco who was also smiling from ear to ear.

I stood up and walked over to him. He stood up slowly, looking into my eyes, and held my face. My dad left the room and we were alone, apart from Josh. For a moment, everything was perfect.

"Stop!" Josh shouted loudly just as we moved closer.

"Langford, really?" Draco laughed,"Not now..."

"I'm in love with you, Elise." Joshua blurted out. He stood and stared at me with wide eyes and a sweaty forehead.

"Um..." I looked at Draco who was just as shocked as me.

"Every since I saw you that night at Malfoy Manor when you saved me, I've loved you. You were the only thing stopping me from letting go, the fact that there was a tiny chance we could meet. Elise, I really love you, a lot."

"Josh, listen, I-"

Draco let go of me and walked towards Josh.

"Right, you hear me okay?" Draco stood right in his face,"Elise is dating me! She doesn't love you back, Langford! Move on!"

Joshs face was now not pale, but green. He looked like he was ready to throw up everywhere.

"Josh, are you okay?" I stood next to Draco.

Josh shook his head and, whilst looking at the floor, ran out of the potions classroom. I looked to Draco and frowned with guilt, then I ran after him. He was pacing fast towards the Astronomy tower. Then he apparated in a midst of black smoke. Luckily, no one saw.

"Elise!" Draco ran after me,"Wait for me!"

"Sorry." I shrugged at him and apparated to the top of the astronomy tower where sure enough, Josh was stood.

"I'm sorry." I slowly walked towards him. He was looking down to the hills. "I can't help who I love."

"Neither can I." He turned to me. I couldn't deny how handsome he was, but I didn't love him like I loved Draco. Draco was my soulmate. "I cant live without you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said. Josh shrugged with a small smile.

"I knew the answer would be this." His smile turned into a cry, very fast. He turned towards the balcony and leaned over it, looking down.
"Edward had it easy, he got the girl, he got the grades. Me though, I'm not like him. Nothing ever works out for me!" He sobbed hard as he looked down to the courtyard where it was starting to get busy.
"I can't take this, Elise. Voldemorts going to kill me so why can't I just do it before he does, I can't let him have the pleasure of killing me."

I gasped at his words and jumped towards him and pulled him into a hug. He sobbed into my hair, making me sob too.
"Josh, please don't..." I pulled away and looked at him. "I can make you happy without loving you back..."

Josh shook his head.
"No, you can't."

I let go of him and held his hands. He snatched them away and ran towards the balcony and jumped. It went in slow motion, as he fell. I was leaning over the balcony watching him fall. I screamed louder than I ever have. Then he landed. He landed on his back and I knew he couldn't have survived that fall.

Without even thinking, I apparated to the bottom of the grassy hill that Josh landed on and rolled down.

"Josh!" I screamed in agony at the sight of his limp body. He looked so dead. "Josh!" I screamed again but he didn't move.

I fell to the ground and shook his body violently but he still didn't move. My tears fell on his face and fell down his beautiful rosy cheeks, he looked so beautiful. I stroked his face lightly and cried out loud as he laid there. Then I checked his pulse to find he was barely alive. How on Earth did he survive that?

"Josh, please wake up..." I yelled in pain as I shook his body again. Then his eyes opened.

"I can't move." He whispered. I felt my whole body light up.

"Okay, I'll sort you out." I put my hand on his torso,"I don't know if my Veela healing powers will be strong enough, Josh..."

Still crying, I closed my eyes and pushed down hard. Josh screamed but I had no choice.

"It's okay..." I tried to calm him as I felt the familiar warmth in my hands travel into Josh's body. Then I heard an awful crack and he screamed again.

"You've done it!" Josh exclaimed with a wide smile,"Elise!"

I pulled Josh into my arms and held him tighter than ever before.

"I thought I lost you," I cried once again, Josh was crying too,"Dont ever try and do that again, got it?"

Josh cried too, into my lap, and nodded slowly.