The Incident

As I was laying in bed, I had images of the war imprinted in my mind, sometimes even reminding me of what happened that faithful day when the mortar blew my arm and leg away. Every time I thought about it, I realise my mistake and how I disobeyed my parents, I felt ashamed almost, at how I had sacrificed everything to be a war hero, but then realising I was just another helpless soul who fell in the acts of cowardice.

standing, walking and doing basic tasks was hard using one arm and one leg, the prosthetics had helped but were as useless as hairs that stood on end when I shut my eyes. Thinking about what could have happened sent shivers down my spine and I always felt cold about it.

As I glanced down at my feet, well one at least, a dark cloud of smoke and dust filled the air in my house, causing me to cough violently. Amongst the smoke I could see a figure, he was shorter than me I stood tall at 6ft 9" but something looked surreal about his appearance. He had horns sitting elegantly atop his head, and eyes glowing a shade of red and orange all at the same time, he had a tail, similar to mine but no fur nor skin with a point at the end resembling an arrow. His wings flapping as if he is flying out of the ground.

He turned towards me with a stern look on his face, as he approached I grabbed my trusty pistol I kept from the war and aimed at his head.

"don't come any closer or I will be forced to shoot". He laughed manically as if mocking me at my attempt to startle him, he stepped closer "pathetic human you cannot harm me" I lower my weapon and drop it on the floor.

"what do you want from me" I yell over the sound of burning and explosions as flame trails behind him as he moves.

"I want your soul" he boomed loudly, i soon realise who he is, The Devil. "If I consume your soul, all will be fixed" he states, pointing to my prosthetics.

"what? how?", stepping forward towards The Devil.

"your soul will be consumed, your body will be reincarnated with that of part of my soul. Be aware, this change is unreversible." At this point I have no other choice but to accept the offer.

"I accept your offer" I say, instantly regretting everything. soon after I state my decision, he rises into the air and opens his mouth, i feel a cold feeling overcome my body as my soul leaves my body. That was the last thing i saw before all was darkness.

little did i know, my life was going to change drastically from that day foward.