The Hospital

As I awoke from a deep coma, I could see lab equipment everywhere. "where am I?" I had asked, looking around the sterile white room. A voice answered back "kuianyu, you are safe with us, there is no need to panic." us? I had thought about all the possibilities of where I am, is this a dream, am I dead and this is the afterlife. my thoughts were cut short when a man, dressed in a white lab coat, approached me "kuianyu" he spoke "I'm afraid we had to amputate your left arm and leg, they were too damaged to recover", he glanced at where my arm and leg should have been but only saw the medical gown underneath me. 

"so I'm alive? I ask

"yes", the doctor said before leaving me in my hospital bed. still confused as to how I got here and how I survived that blast from the mortar, I started to think back on my thoughts when enlisting, my parents had told me I was risking my life on the war, and that I shouldn't have joined.

Another wounded soldier entered the hospital and he appeared to be in a  lot of pain. 

"get off me" he yelled at the doctors, who were trying to restrain him on the bed. minutes passed and the soldier was still protesting being brought here, laying back in his bed, he found himself drifting off to sleep, exhausted from all the fighting back earlier.

Weeks passed after my surgery and I felt my wounds slowly healing. Another doctor who checks on me walks in, holding a sheet of paper.

"kuianyu, you are free to go home now" revealing a note to me that read, "Mr. Orishma is free to leave the hospital as his surgery has proven successful". looking in the doctor's eyes, I thank him and walk towards the double doors labelled exit. walking out in the busy city of Tokyo, I make my way to the nearest subway station, heading towards a small town called Matsue.

upon entering my small house, I lay in my bed waiting for the next days ahead...