Before The War

I was alone in a wooden hut, trying to fend for myself. I had to, since my father had escaped and my mother was killed by an American bomber, this was when I started regretting everything I had done to get here, lying about my age and enlisting in the Japanese army was the worst mistake of my life.

It was 1940 and I was huddled in a small tank as we approached the enemy, my gun ready, I was shaking a lot as if I were scared. Before I knew it an explosion landed directly ahead of me and blew dust and smoke into my lungs, after coughing for what seemed like hours, the dust in my lungs had seemed to subside. legs trembling, I get out the tank to fix the fuel valve, it had only been a mile or so after I had fixed it before yet the damage was only getting more severe.

After getting back into the tank, another blast from the rear made the tank erupt in a fiery blaze forcing us to evacuate the tank only to have the broken machinery explode in front of our eyes. Ducking for cover, I had realised my mistake as an infuriated American charged towards me, I shot him down with my gun. I watched the dead body collapse and saw he had an armed mortar, the last thing I saw was an explosion engulfing the left side of my body.

(heya, sorry if it's really short this is my first story and first time writing one, but enjoy it and I will update soon)