Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

He shook his head. "I just wanted to come in here to talk to you." He said, his French accent thick.

"Okay," I said. I finally found the wine screw and began to undo the cork.

"I wanted to tell you thank you, Anastasia. Amelia and I are forever grateful."

I stopped twisting and set the bottle aside. "I would do it again if it meant your family was safe." I said.

A small smile graced his face. The face that had so many similarities to my husband. "Alexander is very lucky and I wanted to make sure you know that. We all are. We couldn't have asked for a better daughter in law."

His words made my heart clench and I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes. I swear if I'm too happy, I'm crying. If I'm too sad, I'm crying. I need to be between a 3 and 7 on the emotional scale... "Thank you, Phillip. That means so much to me."

We were back in the living room after a few more minutes of talking and me having to clear my teary eyes.

I returned to my seat next to Alex and snuggled close as we sat back on the couch. His arm came around my shoulders as he held me close. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly, looking over at me.

I nodded. "More than alright." I smiled.

His eyebrows furrowed. "You were crying." His hand came up to caress my cheek.

"Your dad had me a little emotional in the kitchen." I chuckled. I grabbed his hand off my cheek and kissed the top of it. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

He nodded and leaned in to kiss my forehead. "Love you, baby."

~>~

By nine o clock every one was either too drunk to stay awake or too tired. My parents called it a night while Alex's did the same. Marcus wanted to take Julia around Central Park to see the lights. I'm still a little iffy about that, but I didn't want to start anything so I let it slide. Alex reassured that nothing would happen. Marcus might make stupid decisions sometimes, but he isn't an idiot. Well at least that's what Alex said.

I was cleaning up when I heard Alex call my name from the living room.

I came in to see him sitting in the couch. "Come over here." He said softly.

I did so and sat next to him on the couch, my eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

His smile made me feel like I had butterflies in my stomach. He's so handsome. "I have one more present for you."

I frowned. "No. You've already given me so much, Alex. I really can't—"

He silenced me with a kiss and even when he pulled away I was still frowning. "It's for both of us."

I arched a brow. "What is it?"

He reached for the small box that had a ribbon tied around it. "Here,"

I took it and looked back up at him before he hurried me to open it. I slowly undid the bow and took the top of the box off. In it laid a small silver key. "A key."

He nodded. "To our house."

My head snapped back up at him. "House?"

He smirked and nodded again. "I bought it a couple months ago and have been renovating it. I know I should have asked—"

Now it was my turn to shut him up. I kissed him, holding his face with both hands. "I wanna see it."

"Tomorrow. It's outside of the city, but still not too far to commute." He explained.

I wrapped my arms around to hug him. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck, leaving a kiss to the base of it. "I love you, Alex. You and this baby are my world." I said. Then it dawned on me.

We never told our parents.

"Alex!" I said pulling away suddenly.

"What?" He asked, confused.

I laughed and he gave me another weird look. "We didn't tell our family."

He bursted our laughing. "Well there's always tomorrow."

Theres always tomorrow. And the next day. And the next day. I wanted to have so many days with Alexander. So many type of days. Every day I wanted to spend it with him whether it was a good or a tough day. There really couldn't be any bad days with him. Challenging, yes. But bad? Not a chance. I was excited to share and spend my life with him and the family we've started. What a life I've lived in only my twenty three years. I had everything I could ever ask for and more.

Alex grabbed onto my hand. "Let's go to bed."

I followed him into our room and we snuggled close to each other like we always did. His arm was around my waist as he spooked me, holding me extra tight tonight. I felt him place a kiss at the back of my head. "Good night. I love you, Ana."

I couldn't help but smile. "I love you." I said, completely content.

The End

ITS OVER! I can't believe it! Oh my gosh. I'm like a bag of mixed emotions right now. Like. How. Am. I. Supposed. To. Feel.

Let me just say THANK YOU! Thank you for the countless comments, votes, and support you've given me by just simply reading. I appreciate you all so much and it was such a pleasure to write this story.

There's still an epilogue on the way so don't archive this story quite yet!

ALSO I have another story out right now that I'm working out called In His Arms. It's a romance/short story. Check it out!

Love you guys xxxx