Chapter Twenty Two

Thank you guys for all the support you've given this story. It really does mean a lot and I've enjoyed writing it for you all! If you guys leave comments I try to reply as soon as I can. Thanks again!!

I was sitting down on one of the couches in the living room with my laptop sitting on my thighs. I continued typing out some papers I needed for work this week. I had brought it home because someone was way too distracting and keeping me from actually doing work.

Speak of the devil, Alex appeared from the hallway and came straight over to me, plopping down onto the couch. "What are you doing?" He asked, not bothering to look at the screen. Instead he looked over my face, spending a little extra times gazing at my lips and eyes. His arm stretched back and I felt his hand pick up a piece of my hair and he began twirling it around his fingers gently.

"Work," I said, looking back at the screen. Suddenly the laptop was shut closed and I turned to look at him furrowed brows. "Hey—"

"You don't need to bring work home, Ana." He said with a frown. His hair made me want to smile. It started to wave slightly as the length had grown out so much. I liked it this way. It made him look so carefree and youthful.

I rolled my eyes and tried to lift it back up, but his hand remained on top. "It's really not a big deal." I told him. I really didn't mind working. It was something that gave me a purpose and a way to busy myself. I couldn't imagine just staying at home all day long. That sounded awful.

He nodded, slightly leaning in closer. "It is when it distracts you."

I arched a brow. "Distract me? From what?"

He smirked. "Me," his leaned in and barely was able to kiss me before I moved away.

"Nope, you're not distracting me." I swiftly stood up, taking my laptop with me and walking over to the kitchen. I placed my laptop down on the island and sat up on the barstool next to the counter.

I heard him trudge all the way in here and I already knew he was sulking. "You're no fun," he muttered, making me laugh.

"Oh stop pouting. Don't you have work to do?" I was surprised to see him out of his office. Usually when we got back home he would go in there for a couple hours before coming out.

He placed his hands on the counter and leaned forward, shaking his head. "I'm all yours, baby." He said with a grin.

I chuckled, shaking my head. I looked down at my laptop to hide the blush on my cheeks from his nickname he called me. "Well I do, get out of here." I bit my bottom lip to keep from smiling.

Alex groaned. "Fine," he walked over, bending down to kiss my cheek. "I'll be back in a little bit." I nodded, continuing to look down at the words I was typing.

Around forty five minutes later I decided to call Nora. I hadn't really talked to her that much since we came back from seeing them. I was starting to miss her, especially with the wedding coming up so soon. I hadn't even had a chance to tell her about that yet either. I was nervous about what she'd say, but I'd have to tell her sooner or later.

I dialed her number and lifted the phone to my ear, the dial ringing in the background.

"Hello?" Nora answered.

"Hey," I said kind of awkwardly.

"Hi, sweetheart, what are you up to?" She asked. I could hear some clattering in the back and assumed she was doing the dishes.

I smiled at the thought. I even miss random and unimportant moments like walking into the kitchen and just seeing her do dishes while the phone was tucked between her ear and shoulder. Usually she was always talking to her own mom or sister. I swear they never went a day without calling each other at least once.