Chapter Two

"Diana, I didn't know you had a daughter." One of the too many people we've talked to tonight said. It was like a never ending sea of stuck up people. Each one shocked that Diana herself had another child. She of course milked the whole situation into a tragically beautiful story about our separation.

Gag.

But I played nice and went along with whatever she said. In fact, I don't think I actually spoke one word.

"I'm going to use the rest room." I said, stepping away, but she caught my arm, a fake smile still on her face.

"Come right back,"

I took my arm from her grip and quickly walked out. I found the ladies room and locked the stall. This place was so huge each stall had a freaking couch in it! That couldn't be sanitary, but I sat on it anyway, trying to calm down.

I wanted to calm my dad but I knew how much it was stress him out. I took my phone that I had stuffed in my bra and dialed Julia. There wasn't anyone in here luckily.

"Hello?" She answered almost immediately.

"Julia, thank god, I'm going to go crazy."

"Ana? Are you okay?" She asked, sounding alarmed.

No. "Yes, I... I just needed to talk to someone from home." I said, all of a sudden feeling home sick. I've traveled before and for periods at a time, but this was different.

Julia sighed, something she did when didn't know what to do. "It's going to be okay," her voice was calming.

"How's dad?" I asked.

"Same as he was this morning," she answered.

Right I just saw him earlier today before I left...

I laughed lightly. "Sorry, I'm just worried."

"We all are, but he's going to get the help he needs. Because of you," her last words were encouraging.

I heard the door opened and mentally cursed. "I've got to go, but I'll call you soon." I whispered and then hung up.

I walked out of the stall and washed my hands before returning out to the main area. I opened the door and as I began putting my phone back I slammed into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry-" I looked up to see no one other than Dimitri.

"Anastasia," He said my name with distaste. I knew he didn't like me, he never had. This was the first time I'd seen him since I arrived.

"Dimitri," I said with the same tone.

"Your mother is looking for you." He said.

"I told her I'd be right back."

He mumbled something under his breath before walking away.

I shook off the exchange and made my way back in to the gala. Everyone had taken their seats and when I arrived at the table I took my seat between my mother and some other man.

"Where have you been?" My mother hissed under her breath as I sat down.

"Bathroom," was all I said. I wasn't one to keep my mouth shut usually, but I needed to keep my end of the bargain for her to keep hers.

"Diana, who is this?" I looked over to see the mans eyes looking between mother and I. He was very handsome and almost rugged looking with the slight stubble on his face. His chocolate brown hair was tousled in the most stylish way and his brown eyes almost had a golden tone to them.

But I didn't like how he asked about me as if I wasn't sitting right here.

"I'm Anastasia," I introduced myself, not waiting for my mother to tell the sob story of our reunion.