Chapter Twenty Seven

I HATE SNOW. I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I HATE IT. I just spent the last HOUR shoveling this fluffy ass MESS. I want to DIE.

ANOTHER NOTE— I've been feeling inspired lately lmao I wrote another story and it's called In His Arms. Check it out and if you like it please vote! Also vote for this one too! You guys are the bomb.

Okay I'm done being dramatic. Here's the next chapter and can we collectively pray that summer will come soon. Thanks.

The weekend came and went way too fast. Alexander and I didn't even leave his home until yesterday when I forced him to go to work.

Tuesday came and was hands down the most boring day of the week. There wasn't anything going on since all the meetings were usually later in the week. For the past couple hours I'd just been organizing through Alex's papers. For a successful business man he was extremely unorganized, but I don't blame him for being that way. He's got so much to deal with the last thing on his mind is to put a file with other files alike.

Even as I sat there looking at various papers, trying to focus on the task at hand, I couldn't. My mind always seemed to drift back to Alex. This past weekend was one of the best weekends I'd ever had. Being with him made me happier than I ever thought I could be.

A loud noise from the room behind me, Alex's office, made me jump slightly. I stood up and opened the door quickly. Alex sat at his desk, head in his hands, with papers scattered around the floor. "What's wrong?" I asked, slightly panicked.

He raked a rough hand through his hair and shook his head. "Dimitri had the contract dropped off this morning." Alex breathed out. His voice was low and full of disappointment.

I walked over to him, picking up papers as I approached his desk. "What does it say?"

He kept looking at the contract with a hard glare. "Everything we tried to avoid."

I looked between him and then the papers. I picked up the contract and flipped through it. It stated that everything Alex owned will be signed over to Dimitri including all the foreign accounts and deals he had with other businesses nation and world wide. "There's got to be a way out of this..." I said more to myself. I continued reading through the dozens of papers in the stack and cake across multiple threats to release the information of his parents citizenship. That had me thinking... how does he know so much about that?

"I swear I'll put that fucker six feet under." Alexander growled. "Ana, if I lose everything just know that I will still provide for you—"

"Why did you parents lose citizenship?" I asked, cutting him off. Something just doesn't seem right. Any of it.

He rolled his eyes. "Ana, have you not listened to anything I said?"

"Alex, focus. How did it happen?" I know he was panicking, but he needed to concentrate on this right now.

He shook his head before sighing. "Something in their citizen papers."

I tapped on my chin in thought. That just doesn't add up. How could they just cancel their visa's over one forgotten piece of paper? I stood up and went over to Alex's filer drawer. "You have their papers right?" I asked.

I heard his chair squeak as he stood from it and walked over to me. "This one," He said, bending down and opening the drawer on the bottom. I crouched down to see a file stating his parents names. I pulled the thick folder out and sat in his chair behind the desk. Placing the folder onto the desk. "There was a legal document that they claimed never to be sent in and since it was passed due, they wouldn't accept a new copy of the paper." He further explained.