Chapter 1 pt.3

Soon were both walking down the hall, I keep my eyes low to the ground and hold my hands in my pockets. Out of the corner of my eye I can see her look towards me. I get startled slightly as she places her hand on my arm.

"Is everything okay?" I look over at her and sigh.

"My friend committed suicide." She looks shocked, just like the others. She hugs me, I shake slightly at her hugging me but I soon give in and hugs back.

"Uh, thanks." I let go and continue walking with her.

Once at the nurses office she waves bye and leaves back to class. I take my time processing everything, but it's still a mess in my mind. Blaze walks in and over to me with a grin of evil.

"I saw you hugging Elizabeth. Now I know how to ruin your day." She laughs and crosses her arms.

"My day is already ruined, one of my best friends committed suicide. So get away from me before I lose my cool." She rolls her eyes and leaves without another word.

"I'm so sorry your friend died." I turn around to see David sitting in the nurse's office bed next to me. "It must be hard taking that in."

"It is but I just need to live with it." I rest my arms on my knees and sigh quietly. "So how's your sister doing?"

"Same as always, regretting being with those kids." He sits up and turns to me.

"Those kids? Is that their new name?" He shrugs with a slight smile. "At least she has Peggy, honestly I think she's the sweetest thing ever."

"Yeah. I honestly think they've gotten so close, one time I saw Peggy sleeping with Emily. It was cute." He looks around for a second.

"I wish I had a robot...but they're so expensive." I look down at the floor and pull my phone out, he takes it. "Hey!"

"One second. There!" He hands me my phone which is showing a website selling things cheaper even though they're brand new.

The first thing I see is a robot selling for only one hundred dollars instead of over five thousand dollars. I press the buy button and smile with glee.

"Thank you so much!" He nods and lays down again.

"Also, try helping my sister for me. I'd appreciate it." I nod and get up feeling better.

"I have, yesterday I gave her a talk with Roy but I'll do it again if I have to. See you later David, thanks again for this and helping me calm my mind." I smile to him and head out putting my phone away.

This is amazing, finally getting a robot. But my mind still can't stop thinking about Adrian, he still lingers in my mind. I got it! I'll visit all our old places and take pictures, I'll create a small box with the pictures and a few flowers. The bell rings before I know it, I look around and see Roy waking down the hall. I hurry over and follow beside her.

"Oh, hey Alex." She looks over to me and smiles gently. "How are you doing?...how are you holding up, that's a better question.

"I'm doing okay for the most part...hopefully things will get better." I see Tamara hurry over.

"There you are Alex. What happened? Why did the teacher send you to the nurse?" She walks beside us.

"You were sent to the nurses office?" Roy looks at me concerned again.

"I fell asleep crying, and I did feel sick to my stomach a bit. Taking in this whole 'my best friend is dead' is a lot for me. It's hard for me." Roy looks down and takes a deep breath.

"He meant everything to all of us, so much it was almost like life. We're all going to miss him dearly." Next Cloud catches up with us, swinging his arm onto my shoulder.

"Hey guys." He's barely smiling.

"Hey Cloud, about time you got here." Tamara's trying to keep high spirits, I can tell.

We walk silently to our next classes, Tamara splits off as Roy, Cloud, and I walk to gym. We hurry and change into our gym clothes and get with everyone else. I get pulled out of the crowd by Cloud and over to the side.

"Cloud? Need something?" I look at him in the eyes but he refuses to make eye contact.

"I just....I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house and hang for the night." His eyes finally focus on mine. "I wouldn't want my best friend to be alone after another death."

Silence fills the void around us for a second before I nod.

"That'd be nice. Thanks." He gives me a hug and we head back over to the group to find out we're playing dodgeball.

I'm going to die easily, but at least this will keep my mind at ease for now. We take our teams, boys against girls, meaning me and Cloud against Roy. The game starts, people are being hit left and right. I run, dodge, but never manage to hit anyone. I dodge a ball.

"To your left!" I spin around just in time to dodge the next ball.

"Nice dodge Alex!" I look over to see Cloud sitting to the side watching, but I thought I heard his voice right next to me telling me to dodge.

Next thing I know I get hit in my nuts, falling to the floor I hear some kids laugh and the whistle goes off.

"Below the belt shot! Other player out! Continue!" The coach blows the whistle again, I see Brook walk off court.

She hit me, I get up quickly and gain enough confidence to shoot at people more. I only manage to hit two people out. Emily, who's still in somehow, looks at me and stops running. She signals for me to shoot her, why? She gives a begging motion and gestures to Brook who looks mad at her. I nod and shoot her down, she smiles to me and walks off court. Me and another boy against Roy. Roy smiles and pretends to almost trip allowing me to shoot her. Game over. Looking at Cloud I'm still wondering who yelled at me.