Chapter 1 pt.1

"Ah!" My head hits my desk as it slumps from my hand.

I rub my forehead to ease the pain, I must have fallen asleep working on homework again. Stretching my arms and legs I look over at my alarm clock and fall from my chair.

"I'm gonna be late!" I scram to my feet and change quickly grabbing my light grey jacket and red headphones and a breakfast burrito on my way out the door. My messy brown hair flies around as I run.

I look around as I run, taking the bus would take a bit longer causing me to be late. Running will get me there but I'll be sweaty. Cloud will probably have deodorant in his bag, he always does. I sling my headphones on and blast music in my ears as I run. I reach school and burst in and hurry to my class making it just in time. I walk over and slump down into my seat next to Cloud.

"Late again I see, need deodorant again?" He opens his bag and pulls out deodorant handing it to me.

"I wasn't late Cloud, I made it in time. And thanks, I smell awful." I grab it and look at him.

"Did you forget your homework this time?" I pull the homework sheet from my bag and slam it down on the table with a smirk. "Congrats, but did you do the back?"

I stare at him for a second before flipping the paper and seeing the back not done. "I'm doomed. I'm never going to do anything right in my life." I lay my head on the table in defeat.

"Dude, chill. Come on, I'll help you. You may think you're doomed but you have me, right?" I look over at him and nod. "I'll always be your player two as long as you take player one."

"Always with the gaming talk. Sure, yeah. Player one has joined the game." I sit up as he pulls his homework out and helps me.

We both hear the door swing open. Blaze, Jordan, Brook, and Emily walk in. Emily adjusting her round glass and fixing her red hair into a bun. Blaze swings her arm around Emily almost knocking her glasses off. Emily gives a forced smile. Blaze swings her long blonde hair back and chats with both Emily, Jordan, and Brook. Jordan ruffles his black hair and shrugs to whatever Blaze said. Brook folds her brown braid back and shrugs as well. Before I know it, Blaze shoots her gaze to me. Cloud is going through the last problem but I can't help but look at Blaze as she makes her way over to our table. She slams her hand down and smirks to us. Cloud immediately looks up with shock and sees Blaze. His expression goes to an annoyed blank stare at her.

"Good morning boys, how may I ruin your day today? What should I do first? Embarrass you in front of class? Frame you for stealing something? What to do first..." Emily quickly walks to her desk and sits down not wanting to be apart of it.

Jordan, on the other hand along with Brook, stand behind Blaze with their arms crossed. Cloud stands from his chair, his blue hoodie and messy slightly spiked dark brown hair swift slightly along with his mood.

"Back off Blaze. I'm not going to let you keep doing this to my friend. I've had enough." He crosses his arms in defense.

"Oh? Heh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to aim this conversation at your 'boyfriend'." She stands straight and laughs, Jordan joins her.

Cloud raises his fist to hit her but I lunge up and grab his arm stopping him.

"It's not worth it Cloud." Blaze and Jordan walk away to their seats.

Cloud takes a deep breath and sits down putting his head in his hands.

"I can't take this anymore....I can't just stand by and watch this happen to you. It's not fair, you are my best friend." He lays his head on the table and puts his arms over his head.

Emily's robot, Peggy, walks in and hurries over to Emily and Blaze. Her curly long light brown hair. She's the nicest robot I know, a sweetheart. An obedient sweetheart. She may be Emily's robot but she takes orders from Blaze, Jordan, and Brook like they own her. Probably because they act like they own Emily. Robots, many can be found around school with their person. They're expensive but worth it, they can do almost anything.They can be a companion, a friend, sometimes a lover, a teacher, a sibling, they're pretty amazing. Although I've never had one and probably won't ever get one. But I have my friends, and I love my friends. Adrian, my trusted sniper. Roy, my trickster. Tamara or Tam, my techno and healer. And of course, Cloud my player two. The next person to walk in is Elizabeth Green, my crush. I watch her walk to her desk next to Emily, smiling as always. Her beautiful long blonde hair and beautiful eyes.

"Eliza~" I sigh and lay my head in my hand. Cloud pushes my arm and I accidentally slam my head on the table. "Ow! Cloud!"

After some silence and staring we soon enough both start laughing. Emily's brother, David, the considered hot guy in school with slightly spiked red hair, hurries in and over to Emily dropping off Emily's math journal which he most likely borrowed again. He rushes out of the class just a few seconds before the teacher walked in.

"Alright everyone, take out your textbooks and turn to page 356." Ms. Ryoa adjusts her glasses and starts taking attendance.

Both me and Could grab out text books and open up quickly to the page. I glance over to see small sketches scattered in the book, either on notebook paper or an actual textbook page. At least we bought these books.

"Drawing again I see, anything new?" Cloud glances around at the drawings and points to a drawing of a cute cartoon looking cat.

"Clark the cat...." He ponders for a second. "Wait no, I think I showed you that one Wednesday when we played video games." He keeps looking around.