13

The feeling of being picked up started to pull me from my sleep. I kept my eyes closed as my head was laid on a warm shoulder. A small smile pulled onto my face as I recognized the familiar warmth of Katsuki.

I could just picture him actually carrying me. He would try so hard to keep a straight face. Maybe he would have just the slightest hint of a blush warming his smooth cheeks. He would furrow his brow more than normal but not in anger for once.

Even though I was somewhat awake I kept my eyes closed and snuggled into the blond's strong arms. One of my arms went up to his chest. My finger tips lightly grazing over his exposed collar bone as I entered the males mind.

The fuck is she doing!? Fuck I can't tell if she is awake or asleep. Little shit slept at least. She doesn't look fucking dead like she did before. Dumbass should of just staid home instead of come see me. If she explained over then phone I wouldn't of minded as long as she staid safe... but no! God she is such a jack ass some days. What's with that stupid smirk on her face though!?

It took so much effort for me not to start giggling at his thoughts. Katsuki is literally the grouchiest person I know but he means so well at times. He has such a good heart, even if he hides it from others... My hand slipped down his chest to lay over his beating heart. It was strong, a slightly quicker pace than normal.

How could someone so good be so... so bad?

Katsuki has the best intentions to become a hero but his treats others like trash. His ego is astronomically and almost fatally huge. He has a strong disregard for authority and just people in general. He is brash and rough with everyone. He is a bully to those who are weaker than him, even to the point of telling Izuku to kill himself multiple times.

So what makes him be a hero instead of a villain?

Is it because he went to a hero school?

Is it because he just simply wants to be a hero?

Is it because he has such a good heart under all of that nastiness he shows everyone?

He is aggressive. Rash. Rude. Violent. Destructive. Everything that would make a great villain, yet he is still a hero.

Why?

Where is the line drawn from being a hero and being a villain?

Why am I even a hero?

I am just like him...

Why was I forced to be a hero? Was I seriously that bad as a five year old child that they forced me to train to control my self and to be a hero just so I wouldn't be a damn villain? I was a child... I watched my parents, the only family I had and the most important people to me, be ruthlessly tortured till they were begging for death. It lasted weeks.... He hardly gave us food or water. Just enough to keep us alive.

He took my father first. He tried his best to protect my mother and I. But he ended up going down first because of that. Day and night we could hear his screams echoing off the damp walls. We were trapped in a room having to watch everything that happened. Mom tried so hard to shield me from seeing what was happening but she could only do so much.

Then when he took mom.... I was so alone. This was when it hit me and I knew I was next. I was only a child, my quirk hadn't even manifested yet... but being forced to live though that. I know it broke something in my mind. Knowing that I had to kill or be killed at such a young age and knowing there was nothing I could do to even try to protect my self....

When mom finally died, her corpse just pushed off the bloody table and next to the frozen corpse of my father. Their blood, fresh and frozen alike, coating the disgusting table and floor and just everything. It triggered my quirk and broke something deep inside of me...