8

The first and second rounds were over now. The students were playing some games while we waited for the final rounds. I was walking around the stands, looking through people's minds as my headphones sat on my head. Sucker for Pain played in my ears as I started walking back towards the arena. I wanted to walk through a sitting area labeled for staff to see who all was in there on my way back.

When I entered I saw three familiar heroes sitting at a table. Mount Lady was fanning smoke out of her face. Kamui Woods sat next to the blond woman as he talked to the smoking hero in front of them. Desutegoro held the burning cigarette in his hand as he blew his smoke at Mount Lady.

My music blocked out their conversation as I walked by their table. My attention went back to the the other heroes as I kept jumping from one mind to the next. Can never be too careful now a days. Shape shifting quirks are a pain in the ass.

A tug on my sleeve grabbed my attention and broke my train of thought. I blinked a few times before looking down at the male hand that gripped my hoodie.

The wooden glove was familiar. My eyes followed the arm up and to the wooden mask of Kamui Woods. My free hand pulled my headphones down around my neck as I looked at the older hero. "Hello Kamui Woods. Did you need something?"

"Ah, hello. Would you perhaps be Mysterium?" My eyes widened as I turned to the fellow pro hero. His brown eyes searched my own eyes. I entered his mind as a smile came to my mind. "Yes I am. I'm surprised you remembered me."

A soft chuckle came from the male as he released my sleeve. I stuffed my hands into my hoodies pockets as the hero in front of me crossed his arms across his chest. "It's hard to forget someone like you Hikari."

I sent him a smile as a small blush spread over my cheeks. "I'm taking that as a compliment. It's good to see you though. It's been what, three or so years now right?"

"It has. You have grown so much since your internship. You are even smiling now. I'm glad, you were so closed off back then."

"Yeah, becoming a pro helped me open up I guess." I noticed his eyes widen slightly. "Yep! Already a pro hero. Though I stay unknown."

A spark of realization flashed through his warm brown eyes. "Unknown? Such as in the Unknown Hero?" Man he got that fast.

"Yep. I kinda stay under the radar. Especially since I stop crimes before they are done usually." I rubbed my neck as I smiled. "But I've actually done a lot of hero work in these past couple years. I kinda skipped the side kick stuff and went straight to hero."

"I'm not surprised. You are an impressive young woman. Always have been." His hand gently grabbed my elbow as he lead me back over to the table he was sitting at before hand. I had noticed the other two heroes watching us for a little bit now. "What are you doing here by the way?"

"Well I'm on patrol like you are. Being a mind reader and all comes in handy for things like this. They figured if I looked like a civilian I would be able to get around better as well." Kamui sat back in his original seat as he gestured across from him to the one beside Desutegoro.

I sat down next to the large man, my music still playing from my headphones. The large man to my right looked down at me then to the smaller male across from me. "Whose this Kamui?"

"Awe she is so cute! Even with that scar on her face." Mount Lady cooed at me from the other side of the table. I laughed awkwardly as I waved her off, ignoring the comment about the scar.

"This is Mysterium. She interned under me a few years back." A blush dusted over my cheeks as the pro heroes attention was turned onto me. "She is a brilliant young woman."