Chapter 34.5

Ok bebees, here's another chapter. However, it's not quite a spin-off. It's actually last chapter (chapter 34), but through Valerio's POV. It's not quite parallel, but I hope through this that you guys understand a little more why Valerio behave like that. OK, ENJOY!!!

*****************

I wasn't able to stop connecting my mouth to the bottle. Like I was hardcore making out with it. My throat is burning and my headache keep warning me about my ridiculous consumption of the alcohol. But when I imagine Aria with Jason I'm able to take another bottle or two.

I'm not stupid. Even Kai or Angela can't keep me away from knowing where Aria is. I wanted to kill Jason. I wanted to drive there and kill him on the spot, but the memory of Aria in my wardrobe kept me cool. And the outfit she chose for me is hanging on a mannequin, displaying the good memories. The clothes were for work, and not for glaring at a screen like I've been doing for....i don't know how long. But what I do know is counting, and there is currently two empty bottles, one half, and three full. My goal is zero full.

The unopened emails on the screen keep piling up, and there are currently three missing videochat calls on the notification box. I've ignored them the whole night. Because I still feel nauseous whenever I leave Aria alone- I've strictly only video meetings now.

It was the knock on the door, followed by Matteo entering, that I was finally able to put the bottle down and pour a glass. I begin drinking from it.

"Boss"

"Matteo" It's safe to call him by name. We're alone and we're close like that. I wouldn't have done it with the others. You never know when they'll betray me. It's better to keep them an arms length.

He sighs the signature 'I-need-to-talk-with-you' Matteo sigh. The sigh that will soon be followed by his endless lecture and concern for my well being.

I take a gulp from the glass.

"This is not a healthy lifestyle, Valerio" he begins and sits down on the couch. He places some documents on the paper. My brother leans back and combs his hair with his fingers. I throw him a glass and a bottle. He catches them without a second notice, but rather than pouring a glass, he puts the bottle mouth to his then tips his head back. After tipping back he gives me a challenging smirk.

"Not that really matters anyway" 

I chuckle, throw down whatever left of the glass, then return to bottle- doing the same as Matteo.

"So, what are we drinking for today" he looks at his watch, "in the middle of the day".

Is it day already? Shit, then Aria must be on that date already. Fuck!

I throw over my phone where I have direct connection with Aria's. Her messages with Jason are on the display. Matteo takes only a second to read through before laughing.

"My sister is getting it down" but after glancing at my direction his tone lowers a few miles, "oh".

"'oh' what?" I growl.

Matteo sighs-again- then turns his body completely towards me. His eyes suddenly serious.

"Valerio. I need you to be honest"

I give him a questioning look. When have I ever been dishonest with him? But I nod.

"What is my sister to you?" I can see his adams apple bob.

I give him a dubious look, like that is the most ridiculous question I could ever be asked. But I proceed to answer.

"She is my best friend. Someone like you. Famiglia level"