Chapter 22

Angela POV!

*************************

Being in a mafia famiglia is hard. Beside the fact that we prey on weaker people, theres also the famiglia itself.

It's a dilemma, you know? To become a family one have to leave no space between each other, but there's also the chance of being betrayed and having your heart broken.

Luca's betrayal hurts. He has only been here for two years, but his hard work and continuous laughter melted our hearts in record speed. I just hope his betrayal doesn't break the famiglia's trust for each other. It will probably still leave a scar on everyone.

***

After three hours of Angelo, Kai, Alessio and me constant searching for any clues left by Luca; The boss called us in too another meeting.

"Kai, report" The boss orders while tapping the excess of his cigar on a ashtray. The smoke floats like a thick mist in the room, and a handgun lays threateningly close to him on the desk.

He then proceeds to inhale the cig deeply before exhaling it while glaring at Kai. Like it would be his fault, or ours, if we didn't find anything.

Yet Kai didn't hesitate before answering, "We have searched his personal chamber, office, garage and outsid-"

"We don't have all day, Kai" the Boss growls and give Kai a look that says he has five seconds to answer.

Kai visibly gulps and his clutches hands tightens. "Negative" Kai say.

"what did you say?"

Everyone, even those who didn't share the same mission as us, flinch away by the boss's voice.

It's hoarse and deep. It's usually the voice that wet panties, and make both men and woman moan, but this...this is further from it then the sun.

If one hear this voice they would run the opposite way- no, steal a car and drive away. The only thing that will get wet is the ground when he's done skinning your body inside out, or make you scream instead of moan.

I might be imagining it, but I swear the boss's eyes darkened several shades, and his soul left his body.

There is nothing left of him, but an empty shell.

Kai looks troubled whenever to repeat himself or not, but the Boss's temper make him act fast. "Negative, sir" He repeats and look shamefully down too his feet.

He doesn't waist any more time on us and continues too the next quad. Those lucky bastards lessen his wrath by accomplishing their quests, but as long Aria isn't home yet, he's still not satisfied.

"Here's a list of the highest possible places Luca would hide" Matteo continues from his report and places a piece of paper on the Boss's desk.

The boss glances at it and take another blow before returning his hazy eyes on us. Without taking his eyes off us he grabs the crystal glass beside him and downs it like a shot. He then slams it down beside the very expensive bourbon bottle.

Amber liquid dances inside the bottle as the glass smashes beside it, and one with the "bang" his phone begins ringing.

All tension that was already in the room thickens so it's suffocating. His office light is dimmer then usual, so the bright light from his screen bring all eyes on it.

Before I can even blink; The boss lunges at the phone and based from his face it's undeniable who's on the other side of the line.

Joaquin reacts fast and start booting his portable pc, while Matteo quickly take the cig that the boss tossed, and kills it on the tray.