Chapter Twenty Nine

My phone kept ringing the rest of that night, text messages from Cam, calls from Cam, all go unanswered.  I didn't want to talk to him, I was too exhausted and too upset.  When I made it home that night my parents were still sleeping.  I collapsed in bed and fell asleep almost instantly because of how drained I was. 

The next morning I wake up well rested with my heart heavy.  I hate fighting with Cam but what he did was wrong, he broke our promise, made me worry that something bad happened and didn't even think about me at all. I grab my phone off my nightstand to see the messages and missed calls from Cam. I ignore them and text Kylie.

'Do you want to hang out today?' I really need to be around Kylie's positivity. While waiting for a text back, I take a quick shower, I wrap my towel around my hair and get dressed in one of my favorite dresses, my floor length black dress with thick straps that shows my curves. I grab my phone from my bed and see that Kylie texted me back.

'Sure! I'll be over soon, I need me some girl time.' I smile, glad to have a friend like her. I text her back a response and place my phone back on the nightstand. The doorbell rings to my house and my eyes widen in surprise. That was fast, I didn't expect Kylie to get here so quickly.

I bound down the stairs, not bothering to take my hair out of my towel, it's just Kylie. I open the door.

"Wow, you got here fast." I say while opening the door. I freeze as I see who is behind the door. Cam.

"Oh." Cam looks at me guiltily and sad. Normally I would be self conscious about the towel wrapped around my hair but I was more focused on what happened yesterday. Cam shifts his feet, looking nervous.

"Are you expecting someone?" Cam asks. I sigh and cross my arms.

"Not that it's any of your business but Kylie is coming over. What are you doing here Cam? I don't want to see you right now." I say, I'm not ready to forgive him. If I forgive him so easily, it's as if I am saying it is okay for him to do it again. Cam frowns and wrings his hands together.

"I know that you are mad at me and I'm sorry-" I cut him off.

"No Cam, sorry is not enough, do you have any idea how worried I was? Underground fighting is dangerous, could kill you dangerous, and you didn't text me, call me, nothing, I was left to imagine the worst. I love you Cam, so much, I don't want anything bad happening to you. You can't stop fighting and I understand that, but I don't know how much longer I can take this." I rant, not being able to stop all my emotions from coming out.

I take the towel off my head out of frustration and sigh.

"What are you saying? You want to break up? No. No! I won't except that, Cupcake, please, let me make it up to you, I need you. I-" He sounds frantic. A tear runs down my face as my emotions overwhelm me.

"I don't know Cam, I just don't know. All I know is that I can't go through that again, not again." Tears run down my face as I close the door on Cam. I turn around, my back against the front door as I slide to the ground, crying. I can hear Cam calling my name on the other side of the door and I try my best to ignore it. 

Through my sobs, I can faintly hear Kylie's voice on the other side of my front door.

"What's going on Cam?"  Kylie asks.  I stand up and open the door, not looking at Cam.  I grab Kylie's hand and pull her into the house.  I quickly shut the door and pull her to my room, not wanting to hear Cam's voice any longer.

"What's going on?"  Kylie asks once we step into my bedroom.  I wipe my tear streaked face as I sit on my bed.  I shakily explain everything to her.  My heart is broken, I didn't want to say those things to Cam but I don't know what else to do.