Chapter II: Recording Moments

"Camila there's nothing to argue about! I don't want you on that side of town." My mother explained while making breakfast.

"Mom, what's so bad about it? I'm almost eighteen years old. You can't keep trying to hold me back from certain things." I almost yelled. We've been talking about this whole situation for about twenty minutes. Ever since I woke up this morning I've been getting lectured on how a lady should not be in that part of the city.

"What's so bad about it? Camila, there's thugs that run around the streets. There's so much drug trafficking going on around there, it's ridiculous." Mother said, sounding a little more frustrated.

"Mom, please trust me. Ari is not like that, she's new to the school and needs new friends. An ever since Angela moved, I haven't had any friends. Please just let me hang out with Ari." I pleaded some more. "I don't know about letting you go off on that side of town. I want to meet this girl." My mother declared. "Deal." I bluntly responded. "Deal? Girl don't play with me, this is a privilege, not a deal." My mother snapped while scrambling some more eggs. "Now go on now." My mother smiled while motioning for me to leave.

Yes, my mother is strict, but she also listens. Unlike my father, he doesn't really listen as much. It's either his way, or no way. I walked into my room and laid out on my bed.

I can't believe James actually showed up at my house, and basically ratted me out. He's freaking crazy.

*Bzz Bzz*

Text from Ari:
Hey girl. How was last night?

I smiled at the thought of last night. Caz is a funny guy, it felt nice to be able to get out and have a conversation with someone besides James.

Text to Ari:

It was great. Had a blast, for sure need to get together again some time.

Text from Ari:

I'm going to the mall today, since it's over in yo direction you wanna come? I'll pick you up.

Text to Ari:

Definitely! I'll be ready in an hour.

I quickly jumped up and made my way to the shower. I washed my hair and body, and hurried and got out. I didn't feel like dressing up too much today so I decided to keep it basic. A pair of leggings, and a "Gates Academy" hoodie, considering it was cold as shit outside.

I threw my hair up into slicked back ponytail, applied some lip gloss, and ran down the stairs.

"Momma! Ari is on her way to get me so we can go to the mall. Come on if you wanna meet her!" I yelled.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Hell." My mother said while coming out the kitchen. "She should be here any minute." I said while grabbing my purse.

"Where you going Camila?" My sister asked. "To the mall, why what's up?" I asked, knowing she wanted something. "Can you get me a smoothie please? With those little jello shapes in them?" She asked while making a puppy dog face. "Sure brat." I smiled while rolling my eyes.

"She's here, come on." My mother said while opening the front door. We walked out to Ari's car where we seen her listening to her music.

"Ari, this is my mom Mrs. Mendez, mom this is Ari." I introduced the two. Ari stepped out of the car and shook my mother hands. "Nice to meet you Mrs. Mendez." She smiled, and put on a fake proper accent. "Nice to meet you too darling, you girls have fun now. I'll see you later." My mom said before turning an kissing me on the cheek. I walked over to the passenger side of the car and got in.

Thug Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें