Chapter 37 /:/ Another Goodbye

Y/N's POV

(Filler chapter~)

I buried my face into Carl's shoulder. The picture of Bob, there on the ground with only one leg was ingrained in my mind as I squeezed my eyes tightly together. I felt Carl smooth my hair and hold me tightly. "Can someone please tell me where Bob is?" I heard Sasha's voice say from behind us. She still has yet to see him on the ground in front of us. "Sasha I-" Rick begins to say until I hear her gasp. That's how i knew she had now seen him... or at least what was left of him. The man she had fallen for so hopelessly, now a dying and disheveled mess before her. "W-what happened to him?!" She yelled panicked, frantic.. "We don't really know right now Sasha, we just found him out here a few minutes ago.." Carl said as he rested his chin on the top of my head so that he could look at her. I pushed myself away from Carl and turned to face her. She was know on the ground, knelt beside him and caressing his face gently.

I slowly walked over and knelt down beside her. "Sasha I know how hard this must be for you but why don't we take him into that back room in the church so you, and him have some more privacy and then when... it happens, you can come get us or you can take care of it. At least this way you'll both be a tad bit more comfortable during his last moments." I quietly suggested. She gave me a sad smile and placed a hand on my shoulder. "That's a wonderful suggestion, thank you Y/N. Rick can you help me?" Sasha says as she redirects her attention to Rick. I stood and walked back over to Carl. "I'm going to go check on Judith.." I say as I slowly walk back into the church and down the hallway that led to Judith.

I walk up to her crib to find her still asleep. "Oh Judith," I start to say as i carefully pick her up and cradle her in my arms, "Even though I know you dont quite understand this just yet... But, the world that you were born in is something that no one knows how to fix. This world is in a state of disrepair and no one really knows if it will go back to normal but, your mother had hopes that you could survive and make it through this world gone to hell. Just like she had her hopes that Carl would survive being shot and that i would find them again. But, I know that I will do everything in my power to keep you, your brother, and your dad safe from harm. You are special Judith. You are the future of the world, part of the generation that is going to fix the planet." I say to her as i stroke her cheek with my thumb.

My only hope is that you can grow up and live normally. That we can all make it through this together.

"Don't worry Y/N. She'll make it through this just like the rest of us will." I hear Carl's voice say from behind me. I nod my head and just keep looking at Judith's sleeping face. "Here I'll look after her for a little while you go get some rest. Please? I know you're stressed out about this whole thing." He says to me as he puts his hands on my shoulders and turns me to face him. I sigh, nod, and carefully hand him Judith. "Just promise you'll come get me if anything happens. Okay?" I say as i put my hand on his arm. "I will dont worry. Just go rest."

I finally give in and make my way down the hallways towards the small blanketed area where Carl and I sleep. I slowly lower myself to the ground and lie down on the blankets. I stayed like that for a few minutes but no matter what i did I couldn't seem to fall asleep at all. I stood, stretched, and started walking back down the hallway towards the main room of the church. 

Bang

I stumble and freeze in my place as i realize what had just occurred. My breath gets caught in my throat and I do my best to calm myself down.

Inhale...

Exhale..

Breathe Y/N....

I blink a few times and begin walking again, slower than before. My mind racing with thoughts and worries. I soon found myself between rows of pews standing in front of Carl while hearing loud sobs come from the back room. "Carl I..." i started to say but he just pulled me into a tight hug. "I know, I know.." he replied.

"I want to see Sasha, Carl. I need to make sure she's okay. She shouldn't have to be alone right now." I say to him and he nods. He kisses my cheek and I walk past him towards the room where Sasha is grieving. I slowly opened the door and stepped inside the room. "Sasha?" I say timidly.

"Just.. go away. Please.."