Chapter 29 /:/ Fighting

Y/N's POV
I heard a familiar voice and then a loud bang. I turned my head quickly and saw Carl there holding the gun. I hugged him tightly but heard him wince. I quickly let go of him and saw the rest of my group behind him. I looked into Carl's eyes and hugged him again except much more carefully this time. "I'm glad you're alive." He said to me. "Why are you out here? You're hurt!" I said to him as I gently placed my hand on the side of his cheek. "You need to be resting right now." I looked at him.

          "But if I had stayed you could have died. " he said and then continued. "And I couldn't let that happen. I wouldn't be able to handle it anymore. I stared into his eyes. I was furious I had it. I could handle myself. But knowing that he meant well I settled down. I shook my head in disbelief.  "You're going to wind up dead if you keep doing these types of things." I said. He laughed. "If it's to protect you than I wouldn't mind it." He replied. I blushed brightly and shook my head. He chuckled at my response and rested his head against mine tiredly, he closed his eyes with a sigh, only making me more red. "Y/N... Without you, I wouldn't know what to do. What to do with myself or how I would feel if you'd be gone." He continued. "Please don't leave like that again; you scared me and made me feel like I was going to go mad if I didn't find you when I did." I nodded, starring at him as he opened his eyes and did the same.

                Our faces grew closer and closer till we could feel each other's breath on our face.Before we knew it, our lips had touched. It felt like I had waited an entire lifetime for this to happen. If this were a movie there would be very well placed cinematic fireworks happening behind us. I heard a long whistle from someone from our group and I pulled my face away from his. "We need to get the others before any romantic stuff can proceed. I totally understand." I said as I raised my gun and placed it through the open window. I aimed and fired. It hit the one with the machete straight in the chest. I knew I couldn't hit them in the head because they wore face guards and I didn't want to accidentally waste a bullet. I went to aim at the other one but he was already gone. "Guys. We may have a problem." I said and soon heard a loud alarm go off. I ran into the building and released the rest of the people.  I ran outside and soon the group that ran terminus burst through the doors of a nearby building wielding guns.

          We hid and started firing at the others. I shot and hit my target. We killed everyone we saw. A loud gunshot was heard and a bullet hit my shoulder. I ignored it and kept shooting. The fight lasted for what seemed like years. We eventually killed all of them and left. We grabbed the rest of the guns from the one room and went on our way. Carl took hold of my hand and smiled. "Alright everyone. Where to now?" Rick asked. "Look for a new place to stay. Maybe find an actual group who is willing to take in people like us." I suggested. Michonne nodded "That does seem like our best option right now." "We should find a place to rest for now because of the injuries that we have suffered." Sasha added. I nodded as Maggie wrapped my shoulder. "I agree. I need to get the bullet out of Y/N's shoulder, and Carl needs to heal." Maggie said. Rick agreed on finding a place to rest and heal. "Let's get going then. The gunfire will have attracted walkers and we need to leave before they get here." I said.

We started on our way and snuck through the woods and back to the train tracks. We walked and walked for what seemed like hours. Daryl led us to a nearby medical shack he had found. We cleared it out and settled in. Maggie looked around and found some medical supplies. She took some clean fabric balled it up and put it in my mouth. "I'm sorry but we don't have any anesthetic and we can't Rick you screaming and drawing walkers towards us." She said as she exposed my wound and grabbed a pair of long tweezers. I nodded and waited for the pain. She started digging around in my shoulder for the bullet. I bit down on the fabric and squeezed my eyes shut.

She eventually got the bullet out and I realized she still had to stitch my wound shut. I took a deep breath and waited as she sterilized the needle. Carl came over and grabbed my hand and held it tight. "It will be alright. I had to go through this before." He said as he lifted up the right side of his flannel to show me his scar. I nodded and squeezed his hand. She started stitching my wound and I resisted the urge to scream. She finished and wrapped my shoulder. "You should rest while I tend to Carl. There's a couch over there." She said to me.

I walked away and pulled the chunk of fabric out of my mouth. I laid down on the couch and fell asleep.