Chapter 36 /:/ The Woods are Dangerous

Y/N's POV

I heard soft shouts coming from the woods by the church. "Carl... Do you hear that?" I asked as I headed towards the front door of the church. I placed my hand on the handle but I was soon pulled away from the door. "What are you doing? You can't go out there! Whatever those shouts were and wherever they were are just going to draw walkers. I don't want to risk you getting bit if you go out there after all of that noise." Carl said quietly so he wouldn't wake any of the other members of our group. "I have to go out there. What if one of our own is out there in trouble and they are the one that is shouting. I have to find out what is happening and you can't stop me Carl." I said as i quietly opened the door and went outside. I quietly closed the doors behind me and made my way in the direction of the screams. As I had been walking I heard some of the screaming be replaced with yelling and maniacal laughter. The voices progressively got louder as I managed to get closer and closer to wherever it was they were camped out.

I finally saw a source of light in the distance and began to pick up my pace as I made my way towards it. I got there and saw an empty camp with a fire still burning. I heard quick and loud footsteps progressively getting softer and softer as I stood at the camp for a little while. I pulled out a knife and went around investigating the small camp. There were small amounts of broken glass, paper plates, and large amounts of blood by the fire. I looked into the fire and gagged as I saw what was now burning inside of it. A leg was inside the fire cooking, burning... It was charred and torn apart from what I assumed as people picking at it and eating it. I thought back to the cannibals at terminus and I immediately thought of that woman and her sons. I grabbed some of the half empty water bottles and poured the water into the fire so that it wouldn't accidentally spread. I took a few steps away from the camp and began running back to the church. I needed to tell Carl, I needed to tell everyone. I pulled open the church door when I arrived and ran inside to find Carl.

I eventually found him with Judith and stopped beside him. "Carl... I saw something that I think we should tell everyone." I said hurriedly as I placed my hand on his arm. "Y/N what is it? What did you find out there?" He asked with a concerned tone of voice. "There was a small camp and their fire was still burning even though they weren't there. In the fire I saw..... a leg.. I think it could be some of the people from Terminus. I think some of them survived.." I said as I began pacing back and forth. Carl placed his hands on my shoulders so that I would stand still and he looked me in the eyes. "Y/N, calm down. We'll talk to the rest of the group and figure out what to do." He said to me and then grabbed my hand. I nodded and began walking with him to where the rest of the group was.

Some people were still awake and keeping an eye on things while others slept and replenished their energy. We found Michonne awake and cleaning her katana while Rick slept soundly beside her. She looked up at us with a questioning look and noticed the worried look on my face. "What's wrong Y/N? Carl?" She said as she sheathed her sword and placed it beside her. I went to speak but Carl squeezed my hand as a signal that he would explain for me. "Y/N heard noises outside. She said they were like far away shouting. She was worried that someone from our group went out and was in trouble so she went to investigate. When she came back she told me that she had found an recently empty camp. The people were no longer there but, in their fire was a leg. She thinks it could be some of the people from Terminus that might have escaped." Carl said rather calmly as he squeezed my hand tightly. I could tell that he didn't like the idea of the people from Terminus coming back.

The memories of Terminus suddenly flooded my mind. Where we were thrown into the empty metal storage units, Carl got beaten so bad that he was out for what seemed like ages, I was spotted looking for Glenn, Rick and the other guys and almost met my doom, Carl saving me... I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard groans come from outside. The sun was starting to rise and I was worried about what might be out there. I squeezed Carl's hand tighter as I heard the groaning continue. Michonne woke up rick and explained the situation to him. He got up, grabbed his knife and gun and made his way to the door. Carl and I walked behind him as he opened the door and took a few steps before stopping dead in his tracks. "What is it Rick? Why'd you stop walking so suddenly?" I asked as I let go of Carl's hand and went to go see what he saw.

What I saw was exactly what I had dreaded last night. My hands shot up and covered my mouth as I stared at the sight in front of me. Carl ran up to me and pulled me close so that I couldn't look at it anymore. I started to cry and sink down to my knees. Carl continued to hold me tightly as I cried and sat on my knees.

"Has anyone seen Bob?" I heard the curious voice of Sasha ask from behind us.

I don't want to see how she'll react..

------------------------
Hey guys! Sorry for such a long wait on this update. I got really bad writers block and was swamped with school work and band. I'll make sure to pester Noel for a new Glenn chapter but we are going to be fairly busy with school and band and then I have a job now (Yay I can buy whatever I want now) and then musical season is going to start in a few months.

Also sorry for such a short chapter but I didn't want to go to far ahead in One chapter.

I just hope we haven't disappointed you with such long waits. We're trying our best but it gets hard.

Anyways, thank you for so much support on our two books. We love you guys ❤️

~Ariel