Chapter 27 /:/ Getting Caught

Y/N's POV
Carl stood there wide eyed. He ran up to me and hugged me. He hugged me for a long time and finally let go. He stuck out his tongue and to my surprise a small razor blade was sitting there. "Carl. How did you do that?" I asked in disbelief. He explained everything to me as he used the blade to cut through my restraints. Once I was free I took the blade from him and used it on him and then made my way to everybody else.

We discussed our plan and I couldn't lie to myself, I was terrified. Everyone agreed to do their part of the plan to the best of their abilities. We spread out throughout the car and tried to act calm. One of the men came and grabbed Rick, Glenn, and Bob. He pulled them along and closed the door. I listened closely to see if he remembered to lock us in. He didn't. I pried the door open a little and jammed the lock so it couldn't be used again. I slid back into the car and told everyone. "I have to go help them." Carl said as he started for the door. "No," I said as I grabbed his wrist. "You can't go if they find you out there you could be killed.

I held onto his wrist and practically begged him to stay with the rest of us. He yanked his wrist away from me. "He is my dad, and Glenn Maggie's husband, and Bob is important to Sasha. I have to do this for them." He said as he started to slide the door open. I grabbed his hands. "You don't Have to do anything. Rick, Glenn, and Bob know how to take care of themselves. They will be fine. And if they're not I will leave because their blood will be on my hands." I said to him with a strong tone of voice. "I have to help them." He said as he flung the door open and ran stealthily across the concrete. My heart stopped in my chest. I took a deep breath and looked at Michonne. She made a sad smile and took me into a hug.

I sniffled. "What if he doesn't come back?" I asked her. "I don't really know what will happen." She said as she stroked my hair. I buried my head into her and tried to calm down. I lifted my head up and went over to the door. I slid it shut and went to a dark corner of the small confined space we were in. I heard thuds and grunts coming from somewhere outside. I started panicking. 'What if they found Carl and were beating him up?' Or 'What if it's one of the others getting beaten up as an example for the others of the crazy group we stumbled upon. I heard loud footsteps outside of the car and the door flew open again. I walked out of the shadows and suddenly Carl fell forward into the car. I ran over and caught him just before he smacked face first into the ground.

I turned him over and saw what I had been afraid of. He was all beaten and battered. I gently pushed back the hair from his face. A single tear rolled down my cheek and eventually fell onto his. I pulled his head into my lap and placed my hand on one of his cheeks. "I told you not to go out there. I should have gone for you. I'm smaller, quicker, and quieter than you are. I wish I could trade you places." I whispered to him. I stroked his hair and gently bent down to get closer to him. I gently placed my lips onto his forehead. I wanted to give him a real kiss but there are others around and he is in no shape to be missing anything. I waited for the other 3 of us to come back. But soon what seemed like an hour passed.

They had not returned yet. I started to worry. I took off my jacket, balled it up, and laid Carl's head down on top of it. I stood and faced the rest of our group. "Alright. Everybody listen please. The others are not back yet and I think one of us should go out and search for them. If it has to be done I will go out and find them myself." I said as I crossed my arms. They all discussed it and they said it was to risky for any one of us to go alone. I told them I would gladly do it on my own. I trusted them enough to leave Carl there. I opened the door and popped my head outside. It was night. No one was around. No people on watch on the roofs of the buildings or anything like that. I slid out of the car and ran into a nearby building. I got in and saw a table full of clothes and weapons. I layered myself with weapons for my group. Michonne's sword, Daryls crossbow, and multiple guns and holsters. There were also a few silencers. I shoved my stuff into an empty duffle bag that was lying on the ground.

I picked up the bag and ran out of the building and back into the car marked A. I dropped the bag onto the ground and took a gun, some ammunition, and one of the holsters. I put it into my holster and went on my way again. I looked through all of the windows and finally found them. They were leaning over a long tub. Two men came in with long sharp knives and went to the first person on the right. They grabbed his hair, yanked his head backward, and slit his throat. "Ah!" I yelled. Glenn suddenly looked up and saw me. His eyes went wide. I placed my finger up to my mouth and motioned for him to shush.

I slid the window open and put the silencer on my gun. I aimed but before I could shoot I felt something cool against the back of my head. "Put the gun down. Or I will blow your brains out in front of your friends." The voice said.