Chapter 23 /:/ Survivors

Y/N's POV
         I wandered and stumbled down the length of the train tracks when I heard running water. It was coming from my left. I suddenly realized how parched I was. I cradled Judith and started on my way towards the sound. It got louder and louder until I stood in front of the water and some of the people from my group. "Maggie? Bob? Sasha? You guys are...." I couldn't finish my sentence because I was overwhelmed with dizziness and fell to my knees. I kept my grip on Judith and soon I felt her slowly being pulled out of my grip. I was carefully picked up and I heard voices. "Now is the perfect time to go search for the others." "No we can't not with her like this." "He's right Maggie." "But maybe we will meet someone along the way who can help." "It's to risky." "I agree with bob." I heard tearing and rustling and grunting.

I was soon placed down on something cool and soft. I soon drifted off into sleep. I woke up and found myself laying down on top of a bunch of moss. Maggie was tending to Judith, Sasha was watching over me, and bob was by the stream gathering some water. "Maggie! She's awake." Sasha quietly yelled. Maggie ran over to me. "Thank god you're ok. I was so worried." She gently bent down and hugged me. "Did any others survive?" she asked me. I knew deep down she wanted to know if Glenn was ok. I sat up. "No one who was super close to any of us died. Just that one guy who was originally here before us. I was with Michonne and then we got separated." I said she looked relieved.

"That means that Glenn is ok." she said as she sat down beside me. "We need to get moving. I have to find Carl. I still don't know if he is ok." I said as I slowly stood. "Don't push yourself." Maggie said as she stood to help me. "I know. I will take it slow at first I promise but, I have to find him." I replied. "Alright but, I'm going with you. I need to find Glenn too. We need to stick together in order to make it out here." she said as I could see the determination in her eyes. "Well I can see that there is no stopping you so... Alright. Lets go and find them. There's a camp that I saw on a map by the train tracks. It was called Terminus." I said as I drew the map into the wet dirt. I drew the rivers and everything I remembered seeing on that map. Then I circled the location of Terminus and where we were. "Ok. So if I backtrack the way I came we can find this set of tracks and follow them to the camp." I said as I drew a small dotted path from where I came.

We decided to head out as soon as possible. We packed everything up and I grabbed Judith. I carried her and the 4 of us walked back to the tracks. We came across a couple walkers and I hushed Judith while Bob, Sasha, and Maggie took care of them. A walker came up behind me. I tried to walk away quickly but my pants got caught on a loose nail. The walker tried to grab and claw at me but Maggie ran over just in time. Sasha came over and carefully pried my pant leg off the nail. I clutched Judith close and Maggie carefully pulled Judith away from me. She handed me a knife and gave me her gun. "I'll take Judith for now. You just relax." She said to me. I nodded and put her gun into my empty holster.

I carefully turned the knife over in my hands as I saw a walker approaching us. I walked towards it quickly and gripped the knife. I kicked it to the ground and stabbed it through the center of its forehead. Except after that my vision went blurry and all I could feel was the repetitive motion my arm was doing I just kept stabbing the walker. Bob pulled me away after countless attempts at trying to coax me away from it. I kicked and screamed. "No! I have to kill it! I have to do this!" Sasha placed her hands on my shoulders. "Its done. you killed it... It wont come back this time." Bob said as he loosened his grip on me. I fell to my knees and started sobbing. "First Hershell, Then my Dad, and now I'm not even sure if Carl is alive..." I put my head in my hands and cried. Bob picked me up and we started on our way again.

I cried as he carried me for what seemed like miles. We eventually arrived at a large fenced off building. We opened the gate and slowly walked inside. Bob still carried me, Maggie held Judith, and Sasha led the way. Her gun was cocked and in her hand. We came across a lady, she was cooking something. My stomach grumbled. "Oh hello," the woman said as she turned to face us. "Welcome to Terminus. Sanctuary for all. Community for all. Those who arrive survive." I wiped my face of all the tears and looked at her. My stomach grumbled loudly again. "You all must be hungry. Here all of you can have some food and then I will take you to the place you will stay until you are ready to get your jobs." she smiled and handed me the first plate. I sensed something wasn't right bout this place.

My mind said refuse the food and leave but, my stomach said eat and be grateful for this woman's hospitality. The smell of the food wafted up to my nose and my hunger won me over. Bob set me down and grabbed a plate of his own. Everyone scarfed down the food on their plates but I savored nd enjoyed the meal. But then as soon as we all finished 2 men came and led us away. They opened what looked like a train car and shoved me inside first, then Maggie with Judith, next was Sasha, and finally Bob. They closed the door as I ran at it. I heard the thunk of the gigantic lock and I slammed my fists against the door. I pounded against the door until my hands ached and the outside part of my hands became raw.

I finally gave up and after what seemed like ages the woman came and gave us our next meal. It was larger than the first one. I ate as much as I could until I started to feel sick. Again what seemed like ages passed. Until I heard gunfire and a voice come over the loud speaker. I heard familiar names and couldn't believe it.