The familiar forests, the trees that scraped the sky surround me. The longing from the floor I loved, I had forgotten each stone I once had memorized. I had been looking for the blue truck, but the sun had taken any sign of the truck being blue. So the sun bleached truck, with ivy grown over it in places, some branches even had gone in the windows.

"My beauty is still here," Ethan beams ear to ear, his hands land on the hood,"sun got to you, but I'm sure you're still a beast!"

I chuckle at his reaction to his truck and watch as he starts ripping ivy off of it. Weight on my back starts to shift, and a small cry, cries out. I look over my shoulder at Cole. His fingers get a nice grip of my hair and- boy does he tug.

"Cole! Let go!", I reach back and start prying his small fingers off of my strand of hair," come  on now- please- Ethan!!"

Ethan's head pops up from the other side of the truck and he hurries over. Once he sees what's wrong his head falls back in a fit of laughters and he effortlessly pulls my hair out of Cole's grip. I can feel Cole's weight be lifted off of me and Ethan now holds him.

"That isn't very nice you know", Ethan shakes his head playfully at him," If you wanted moms attention, a cry or a simple "hey" would've been just enough."

And as of on cue, Cole starts screaming and thrashing around.

"I don't think he likes a talking to," I take Cole from Ethans arms and plant myself on the ground with him,"you'll only be tolerated to yell at dad like that for so long..," I lean down to whisper in his ear," my time ran out pretty quickly little guy"

Cole is satisfied when I give him some chips, he munchies happily. His bright eyes dart around to the trees that surround us, they're filled with curiosity.

"How's the trucks conditions?", I look over at Ethan, as he still obsesses over it.

"It's.. really well.. however all the wires are out.. I think someone tried to steal it, doesn't look like they got too far"

"More!", Cole commands angrily, I had gotten distracted from Ethan talking.

"Perhaps!," I give him some more chips and a smile grows on his face. I lift myself off of the ground and walk over to the truck, keeping Cole in my line of view," what are you gonna do?"

"Well.. I'm gonna try my best to get the wires back together.. but I think this projects going to have to wait for another time", he closes the truck door," I don't wanna be out here too long, we should head back to the pack. Jasper just checked in with me, I said we were on our way"

"Alright.. no cave then?"

"Maybe we should save the cave for another time as well", Ethan smiles lovingly at me," don't need too many reminders of old things"

Cole starts grunting and I snap my head his way, he's bend over on his hands and knees and already stripped of clothing.

Cole to say the least is a little behind. He's going through schooling with Jasper and Sonia, but he isn't as advanced as the other pups. Cole is 3, yet he can't walk long distances and barely says anything. I've expressed concerns and he does extra schooling even after the other pups leave. He also has yet to do his first shift.. but he sure does try.

"Come on Cole, lets get dressed and head back home.. You have to meet with Sonia!", I hand him, his clothes and he dresses himself," feel like walking?"

He shakes his head and lifts his arms up for me to pick him up, I sigh as Ethan swoops down with the carrier and gets Cole in it.

"I can handle that myself you know.."

"I know you can. Doesn't mean you have to, you carried him here. I'll carry him back,"he ties Cole to his back and he begins to walk off toward our pack. Cole wears a bored expression on his face, the trees are no longer interesting enough.

"Do you remember what I told you this morning?", I ask him, making sure to add a wink and a smile. He shakes his head 'no' and even yawns for extra measures,"I told you that if you gave me a full sentence while we visit dads truck that you wouldn't have to visit Sonia when we get back!"

This sure got his attention, he opens his mouth up but Ethan suddenly stops walking.

"Stop talking"

I step closer to Ethan and Cole and place a comforting hand on Coles shoulder. Ethan's head darted to the right and I try and listen as well. Multiple rumbles and loud screeching. And an odd variety of smells.

Humans.

They're not close, probably a couple miles away. But all they should know is this is vast unclaimed land. If they saw where we lived or even a truck here they would freak out. Bring more humans here, or contact the authorities. I am aware that some "humans" who are actually werewolves do live among humans and try to keep us off humans radars as much as possible. For instance The Council are among humans, they even have a building in a main human city. It's a normal building from the outside but the further you go in, the more stranger it gets. However I only know these things from Marcus, and what he's been teaching me. I tell Ethan all I learn as well, it's quite captivating.

"What do we do?", I question him and offer to take Cole from him. He looks up at trees then takes a few steps back. He looks at me for a half second.

"Cole hold on buddy"

He starts kicking one of the large trees, Cole barely moves with each kick- it surprisingly earns a laugh from him. And although I adore his laugh I try and distract him and calm him down, if the humans heard a child laughing they'd get curious. It doesn't take too many kicks, Cole is soon bored again. The tree creaks loudly and the screeches from the humans stop momentarily. Once the tree almost hits ground they scream again, but their screams go further and further distance.

"Good thinking", I compliment Ethan's fast thinking and take his hand as we begin walking again.

"It was all Cole what do you mean?", Ethan sarcastically brushes me off. I happen to look back and see Cole with a huge grin on his face.

And it's little things like that..

———————————
So... HI!
It's been awhile... almost a year later then when I was first going to make the sequel.. oops

Let me know if you're still around 👏🏻🤩

And Cole?! Thoughts?!
(So much character development for this little guy)

-Kayla xoxo