“What about the spirit? Where did it go?” I asked as I stepped to the small drop off that I had slipped on.

“Into the soil to hide until the evil passes.” he replied, his gaze was that of guilt.

“What’s wrong Ren?” I asked, stepping to his side. He looked to me with a confused look before replying.

“Well, I’m not what you think I am.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned, placing a hand on his right flank.

He quickly moved away so that I no longer touched him. “I’ve done some evil things in my past, and I just want to do right for a change. But it seems that when I try to do the right thing, I get labeled as a killer, a monster who wants nothing but pain brought into the world.” he replied, dropping his gaze to the ground.

“Like the Demon Razgreez.” I replied with a grin.

“That old tale huh?” he replied with a smile before looking to the sky. As he did so something caught my attention. On his back near his left wing was a blue and gold Yin-Yang with a hand in the middle.

“Where did you get that?” I asked, my suspicion growing to a new high for I had seen the mark before, but the memory was still blurry.

“It…..it serves as a reminder.” he finally whispered after a few minutes, before folding his wings against his body which hid it from my view.

“Of what?” I asked as I walked to his side.

“Of what I used to be. Of what was taken from me.” he replied before dropping his gaze back to the ground.

“Well, what did you used to be?” I stated before sitting beside him. He didn’t reply, instead he stared at the ground as if lost in thought.

“You miss them don’t you?” I said before rubbing his neck.

“I miss them with all of my being, but ill never be able to see them again.” he replied, I could see the beginning of a tear start to form. Seconds later the tear fell, but did not disappear into the grass. Instead it sat on the blade of grass, shining like a stone, which was what it had become. His tear had turned to a small diamond.

“I cant even shed a tear without being reminded of my life!” he roared before standing and letting lose a large jet of flame off in anger.

“Curse this life! Curse what I have become!” he shouted as he let lose another jet of flame, this one stronger than the first. He then allowed his head to drop to the ground as he panted wildly. Once his panting had settled, the sound of thunder in the distance caught our attention. We both glanced up to see a black cloud rolling toward the bathhouse, the rain was clearly visible as it rushed toward our direction.

“Come on. We need to get you back before everyone gets suspicious.” Ren Silently stated before wrapping me in his grasp and taking to the air. We both stayed silent as the rain began to pour down over us. Ren kept me dry as much as possible as we flew back to the bathhouse, which now seemed like a glowing blob in the middle of a night like storm. I couldn’t help of think about what he had been talking about. What did he used to do that made him feel so bad, and why would Gertrude erase Cira and there children’s memories of him. I was cut from my thoughts as we came to the lower door of the bathhouse. Ren let me go and used his wing to keep me dry as we walked into the lower door. Ren closed the door as I took my shoes off and picked them up to take back to my room. Ren watched me closely. I could see the sorrow in his eyes, but sorrow quickly changed to confusion as his eyes grew wide. Immediately noticing my mistake, I tried to stand in front of him and stop him from entering the egg chamber, but he simply pushed me to the side and continued into the room. When he entered, he froze with joy and excitement. His limbs were shaking and his voice was even more so.

“Mommy!” one of the small hatchlings stated in fear. That was quickly followed by a threatening growl as Cira appeared from the side of the room and attacked Ren. She quickly knocked him onto his back and pinned him down, growling at him while doing so.

“Ci……..Cira?” Ren asked, his voice shaking heavily.

“Who are you!” she commanded.

“Cira its me. It’s Ren.” he replied, a smile growing across his face.

“I thought you were dead!” he stated happily, but his happy tone went back to a sorrowful one as Cira roared at him.

“How do you know me!” she commanded.

“Cira, we grew up together, were mates!” he replied, his gaze was pleading for her to believe him, but she was showing no sign’s of doing so.

“I don’t have a mate!” she quickly replied, her angry gaze was beginning to fade to sorrow as well.

“What! Then how did you have them!” Ren shouted as he pointed to the 4 small dragons huddled safely away from the fight.

“Shadow, Cypher, Nina, Faline, its me. It’s Daddy.” Ren pleaded to them, but they did not move. Sorrel seemed shocked that he knew her children’s names, but kept him pinned down.

“Leave here and never return!” Cira commanded Ren before letting him up.

“Leave? Cira, listen to me! I’m not here to harm you or our children. I just want you to remember me, please Cira.” Ren begged. His eyes told a story of shame and happiness.

“I’ve never seen you before, and yet you say we grew up together? I don’t know who you are or what sick game your trying to play, but I just want you gone!” Cira shouted causing Ren to slowly walk to the door.

As he reached it, he stopped and turned to her. “Please Cira. Try to remember.” he said before leaving.

“How dare you endanger my children like that!” Cira spat at me after Ren had disappeared.

“Cira, he’s telling the truth. Gertrude wiped your memory of him when he left here, or at least that’s what Sorrel told me.” I replied, trying to calm her down. Suddenly the sound of the elevator coming to life caught our attention.

“Oh no, if I’m caught down here I’m dead!” I stated in a fearful tone. Cira suddenly grabbed me in one paw and took me to where the 4 little hatchlings were laying, still huddled against each other. She put me down beside them and quickly lay in front of us, hiding us from the view of everyone.

“Little girl, if what you say is true, were going to have a long talk after this.” she whispered as the sounds of the elevator stopped.