8. go to sleep bitch

Weeks passed and Lance fell more and more for Keith. It didn’t matter that what he did was stupid and simple but he just loved everything about him. He loved the way Keith’s eyes crinkled up when he smiled or laughed, and his smile. His smile had to be a gift from God himself, if God exists because it’s such a beautiful smile. His favorite part about the raven haired boy is his eyes. He could get lost in those beautiful eyes. They way they looked almost purple, they way the sparkled in the sun like there were gold flecks in them. He just could not get over this boy and how amazing he is. He had really fallen for this boy faster than he had ever fallen for anyone. His phone lit up the dimly lit room he was in. Rushing to check it he saw that pidge added him to a group chat.

{3:03am}

gremlin: sup fucker welcome to the fam

keef: what the fuck are you doing up at 3am go to sleep bitch.

gremlin: why r u up at 3am huh

keef: you know exactly why don’t play games with me.

loverboy-lance: lmao both of you need to go the fuck to sleep

loverboy-lance: but first why did you add me to this chat

gremlin: bc this is the fam chat and u r part of the fam now

gremlin: later losers

{gremlin has left the chat}

keef: im gonna try and sleep off the anxiety, night.

{keef has left the chat}

Lance was confused, mainly by what Keith meant by ‘sleep off the anxiety’. Was he ok? Lance decided it was best to give Keith some space so he wouldn’t trigger more anxiety by saying something he would regret. Lance got up and grabbed his guitar deciding he wasn’t going to sleep anytime soon, it was Saturday so it was fine. He finished the song for his first project a couple weeks ago and was working on a new one. This one had to be a lyrical composition and had to be at least three minutes. This project was going to be the death of him. He had no idea what kind of song he wanted to do. Lance was about to try to sleep when he got another text. This time it was just Keith.

{3:17am}

keef: hey are you still awake? i want to talk to someone and pidge isn’t answering.

loverboy-lance: yeah whats up

keef: i had a nightmare and when i woke up i had a panic attack and an anxiety attack all at once and now i feel sick. And since i feel sick i can’t fall asleep.

keef: so now i am awake and forced to deal with the fucking nightmare but everytime i think about it i feel even worse.

loverboy-lance: youre at your house right

loverboy-lance: go to the kitchen and get a glass of water and take super small sips of the water

loverboy-lance: i’ll brb ok give me a sec

keef: ok thank you.

{loverboy-lance has left the chat}

Lance woke up Hunk to tell him he was going out. He got changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, grabbed his guitar and left to get on the subway.

-

Keith was almost finished with his glass of water when he heard the doorbell ring. He got up to answer it and was shocked when he saw Lance standing there with a look of concern on his face.

    “Sorry to drop by unannounced but you sounded like you could use a friend right now.” Lance rubbed the back of his neck with a sheepish smile. If Keith hadn’t been so spaced out he probably would’ve noticed the taller boy blushing. Keith let him in and they sat on his couch while Keith talked about the nightmare practically pouring his heart out while Lance listened and reassured him it was going to be ok. Under his hard exterior Keith was actually very fragile. As much as he would like to deny it he had too much emotional trauma to be stable anymore. But in Lance’s eyes Keith was one of the strongest people he knew.

-

Keith was a mess. He probably ruined any chance he had with Lance because of the stupid nightmare. But still here was this perfect boy sitting next to him saying everything is gonna be alright. And for once in his life Keith believed it.

    “Lance,” Keith put his hand on his arm to get his attention. “Thank you. Thank you so much. I know we’ve only been friends for like two months but this really means a lot to me. Usually when it gets this bad the only person that can calm me down is Shiro and He’s all the way over at Matt’s apartment so this really truly does mean a lot to me.” Keith was looking directly into Lance’s eyes and he was desperately trying not to lean in and kiss him.

    “Keith, can I tell you something, promise you won’t get mad?” Lance was rubbing the back of his neck again. Keith was confused what could Lance possibly say that would make him mad.

    “I promise.” Lance looked like he was about to burst like a bomb of anxiety about to explode into a cloud of anxiety.

“Keithithinkyouarereallygreatandamazingandireallyreallylikeyou.” Lance spoke so fast and quiet Keith wasn’t sure if he heard him right. Keith’s brain practically short circuited and he froze. Lance mumbled something and got up but before he could leave Keith grabbed his arm and once he turned around Keith kissed him.

-

Lance was freaking out. He didn’t know why he had to say it but he just couldn’t pretend like his feelings didn’t exist. He was about to leave when he felt a hand on his wrist. He had barely turned around before he felt Keith’s lips on his. The kiss was only a second but it felt like it lasted forever. Lance was the first to pull out of the kiss, his classic smile appearing on his face not even a second after.

    “Well that didn’t play out like I imagined, but I’m really glad it happened.” Lance pulled Keith into a hug and set his chin on the top of Keith’s head.

    “No kidding. Sorry I froze you kinda short circuited my brain, I really really like you too.” Keith smiled at Lance and went in for another kiss but stopped right before he reached Lance’s lips. “Do you want to be my boyfriend?” Keith knew the answer but he wanted to hear Lance say it.

    “Keith Kogane I would LOVE to be your boyfriend.” and with that Keith closed the gap between their lips for the second time in an hour. Lance sat down on the couch and Keith laid his head down on Lance and they stayed like that until they fell asleep with Lance playing with Keith’s hair and keith humming a tune that lance couldn’t recognize. Keith for the first time that week finally felt at peace.

word count: 1,183

a/n: holy fucking shit. this story is almost at 2k reads thank you all so much!!!!
anyways i had a lot of fun writing this chapter and i hope you enjoy it. anyways im really trying to write these chapters as fast as i can but school is a big problem. anyways please comment and vote for this story it means a lot to me and i love reading your comments it really makes my day. see yall next chapter have a great day.