9. april 11th

Keith woke up first around 8:30 am, gently pulling himself out from under Lance’s arms, checking to make sure he was still sound asleep. He grabbed his phone to see 8 messages and 20 missed calls from Pidge, followed with 2 messages from Shiro.

{5:00am}

gremlin: woah i passed out are u ok

{5:12am}

gremlin: keith are you ok

{5:32am}

gremlin: seriously im worried

gremlin: im even using full sentences

{6:00am}

gremlin: i am going to kill you

gremlin: lance texted me back thanks for scaring the shit out of me

gremlin: also why is lance at your place ;) ;) ;)

gremlin: still gonna kill you tho

Keith felt sick to his stomach, it takes a lot to scare Pidge and knowing he did made him feel like shit. As if on cue Lance woke up right as Keith started to cry. Once he saw the raven haired boy crying he went into overprotective boyfriend mode.

    “Keith are you ok what’s wrong?” Keith smiled a little bit at the thought of Lance being the overprotective type.

    “I made Pidge s-scared because of a s-stupid nightmare. It takes a lot, and I mean a lot to scare them and somehow I fucked up bad enough to do it. I’ve only seen Pidge scared three times since we met, four now but s-still.” Keith started to ramble so Lance did the only thing he could to get him to shut up for a second, he kissed him.

    “Now that I have your attention, it’s fine. I woke up at 6:00 to your phone ringing so I texted Pidge from my phone and I told them that you were fine and that you were asleep. They are coming over later with Shiro though.” Keith had forgotten that Shiro had texted him and went to check the messages he had sent.

{7:47am}

spacefather: Pidge and I are coming to take you and Lance to breakfast to get your mind off of the nightmare see you in a bit.

spacefather: Oh and be prepared, Pidge is dead set on killing you.

Keith let out the breath he was holding and walked into his room digging out a pair of jeans that were too big for him, and a t-shirt for Lance. After setting that down he grabbed his black jeans and a dark red sweater and pulled it on as he grabbed the clothes for Lance and made his way back to the living room. Lance was looking at the picture of him when he was 5 with his mom at Disney World. Keith could barely remember that day but he did remember smacking mickey mouse in the face with a stuffed hippo. Keith walked over to Lance and set his head down on his shoulder to alert him of his presence.

    “Is that your mom?”

    “Yeah, I don’t have a lot of pictures with her but out of the ones I do have that's probably my favorite.” Keith handed Lance the clothes and told him to get changed while he stood there looking at the photo. After standing looking at all the photos he set off to make himself look halfway decent.

-

Lance walked into the open bathroom finding keith trying to conceal his eye bags. Lance let out a chuckle and offered to help do his hair. Keith refused but Lance went over and started messing with it anyway.

    “You know your hair would look good if you put it in a ponytail.” Lance had set his chin on Keith’s shoulder.

    “Whatever you say Lance, I doubt it but go ahead if you really want to.” Lance grabbed the brush and started humming while he got the knots out of keiths hair, and there were a lot of knots. After he was done brushing he grabbed the hair he was going to put in the ponytail and pinned it back. Lance then pulled a bit of hair back to the front to frame Keith’s face and proceeded to put the hair tie on the sectioned off part. When he was done he looked at his creation and smiled. Keith was smiling too, he was so in love with Lance, that and his smile was pretty contagious. Keith gave Lance a quick peck on the cheek and went to grab his phone from the other room. Keith could feel the blush on his face as he opened the notes app on his phone, creating a new note he named it “wow thats gay”. Lance walked into the room as Keith was typing in the note. Being the nosy boyfriend he was he peered over Keith’s shoulder at the note he was typing. “april 11th.” That was the entire contents of the note. April 11th, Today. The day Keith asked out Lance. The day Lance mustered up the courage to tell Keith how he felt.

    “Hey Lance?”

    “Yeah Keith?”

    “I know it might be too soon but I don’t care.” Lance shifted his weight to his other leg. He knew exactly where this was going and he knew exactly what he was going to say in response. “I love you Lance. I really fucking love you, I love your smile, I love that you are so kind and thoughtful, I just love everything about you,” Keith was smiling and looking Lance directly in the eyes.

    “Keith, you are quite possibly the best thing that has happened to me and I love you so fucking much screw societal norms and the stigma around when it’s ok to say you love someone. I’m so glad those fucking lockers fell on me because if they hadn’t I would probably never have met you. You have changed my life and I can never thank you enough.” and for the third time that day Keith kissed Lance.

-

Keith was sound asleep on Lance’s shoulder in the backseat of Shiro’s car.

    “Hey Lance, I trust you but please, don‘t hurt him. He has been through so much pain and I don’t think he could stand the loss of someone as close to him as you are.” Shiro smiled fondly at the boys in the back. Lance, afraid to wake up the sleeping boy gave Shiro a head nod and a knowing glance that seemed to say ‘I’ll try my best.’ Lance didn’t know what it was about Keith that drew him to the raven haired ball of angst in the first place. Keith was hot headed, rude, blunt, and impulsive. Despite all of this he’s also kind, caring, thoughtful, and the only reason he puts up walls is to prevent getting hurt again. Lance had truly fallen head over heels for Keith and there was no going back.

word count: 1,126

a/n: here it is!! the long awaited chapter 9. i have already started chapter 10 so dont worry about that.  thank you so much for reading and enjoying this story it means the world to me! read ahead for some cheesy romantic shit!

anyways i know most of you probably wont read this but april 11th is a very important date to me and thats why i included it in the story. consistently april has always been the slowly getting out of spring month which means i finally start getting happier. the dread of winter wears off and im less depressed (thanks Seasonal Affective Disorder).  march is a horrible month for and i dont know why but this year that horribleness was creeping into early april. i was getting so stressed because of my schools spring play and the fact that my birthday was coming up and nothing was really going well. but on april 10th around 10:30pm i get a dm from one of my friends (read: crush) on insta. i'm really nervous because i was talking about her to a gc im in and it was a little too coincidental. I go to look at the chat and four more messages appear. they were all valentines memes. my brain short circuts right then and there. eventually i make a decent sized paragraph saying hey i have a huge fucking crush on you. and she responds with hey i like you too we need to talk about this tomorrow at school. and we did. and now it has been 2 months since i asked her out. (it was more like a mutual hey wanna date since we both like each other but i said it first so). anyways that was cute romantic shit with janet thanks for reading that if you did i hope you all have an amazing day and i will see yall next chapter!!