3. Picnics and Pictures

Keith set his phone down on the table next to the sofa in the apartment he rented with his brother, though it was beginning to become more his than Shiro's and his considering Shiro spent most of his time over at Matt's recently. It's not like he was complaining though, he had the whole place to himself twenty-four hours a day and for a shut-in like Keith it was perfect. Keith sat on the sofa and went back to procrastinating his project. He just didn't know what he should do, he was never good at expression. He was the kind of person who bottled up his emotions instead of letting them out. He started looking around the living room of the apartment trying to find inspiration for the project when his eyes landed on his light blue polaroid camera. He finally knew what he was going to do, but first he needed some supplies and some help. Keith drove over to Pidge's apartment and walked in using his key.

"Pidge come here I need your help," he yelled into the apartment.

"Oh hey Keith! How was your lunch date?" Matt spoke walking past him. Keith rolled his eyes in response.

"COMING!" Pidge screamed making Keith cover his ears. "What do you need Keith?" Pidge puzzled.

"I'll explain in the car get your shoes on, we have some stops to make," Keith answered already walking towards the door. Pidge followed after him.

"So where are we going?" Pidge questioned looking at their phone.

"Well first we need to stop at Michaels to get some canvas and some acrylics, then we need to find a spot in the city to take a photo." Keith answered the smaller teen.

"I shouldn't have asked," they sighed. The rest of the drive was fairly quiet with some soft music playing in the background. When they got to Micheals it had started raining lightly. Once inside he got a cart and pidge sat inside, he pushed them around in the cart to the canvas section. Keith stared at the large array of canvases before picking a level three gallery wrapped 16" x 20" canvas and a level one back stapled 6" x 6" for Pidge, it was kind of a tradition for the two whenever Keith was working on a project or just for fun he would let Pidge try and do the same thing. He has a whole box full of all the art pidge had done with him over the years, all the drawings, paintings, photos, etc. Once he put those in the cart he went towards the paint section, he looked through all the paints trying to find the one closest to Pidge's skin tone, hair color, and the color of the camera.

After they had found the paint and paid for it all they drove around downtown to try and find a place for the picture. They finally found a place to take the picture, even with the rain. Keith loved taking pictures in the rain, it made the setting better to him for some reason. He told Pidge to hold up the polaroid camera like they were going to take a picture, he took the picture with his canon camera making sure to get the rain in focus with Pidge out of the focus. Once he had taken a few shots and Pidge had taken a photo of Keith with the polaroid they went back to his apartment to paint.

Keith set up the easels while pidge got out the supplies, he pulled up the photos he took on his laptop and got to work making the out lines and shapes with a grey colored pencil. Pidge put on Keith's painting spotify playlist and started on their own rendition.

“Drown me in the water, drown me in the sea. Lose me in the dark, drag me to the deep. Let your water wash over me. Water, water rise. Water rise up and roll through the islands. Roll down the streets.” Keith was singing along to the song playing in the background. Thanks to his burst of inspiration he was done with the outline and started working on the paint, Pidge on the other hand was still working on the outline. They always wondered how Keith got done so fast, he could probably paint starry night in two hours if he tried.

Pidge was finished with their small painting in about thirty minutes, it wasn't anywhere near as good as Keith's but it was still pretty good. Being friends with him for so long Pidge had picked up some art skills. Keith had finished half of the background by the time Pidge had finished, he was focused on getting every single detail he could by constantly looking back and forth between the computer and his canvas trying to make it as real as possible. "Hey pidge can you go over to the bookshelf and grab the polaroid printer from the third shelf and hook it up to the laptop?" Pidge walked over and grabbed the small piece of technology and went back the laptop realizing what Keith wanted them to do. They hooked it up and printed out the photo watching the photo come out of the printer and slowly seeing the outline of the photo start to show.

This wasn't the first time Pidge had been used as a model for Keith's artistic 'genius', the fact that he only had like three friends was mainly the reason. Ever since they'd know Keith he'd been amazing at art, he would always being drawing in class or taking pictures after school. They had even asked him to take their senior picture because of how good he was at photography. Their favorite memory was of when Shiro had taken them all on a picnic and Keith wouldn't stop taking photos of them with his brand new camera, the photo of all of them is hung up on the wall in Pidge’s room. Keith and Shiro were basically part of the family, two more brothers that Pidge had to deal with. Keith had finished the background and had stopped to take a break when he saw the time.

"Oh shit its eight already, come on I'll drive you home, and remember be ready by seven-thirty tomorrow," Keith reminded Pidge.

"Ok mom I'll set my alarms." Pidge groaned.

"Thank you my child, now get in the car."
----
word count: 1,074

A/N
i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter please vote and share it, it means so much to me if you do anyways sorry for the more Keith centric chapters i promise the next one will be more Lance and Hunk and if its not i give you permission to yell at me in the comments. The song is called water its by Jack Garratt go check it out.
see you in the next chapter, bye!!