Chapter Ten.

Xander

Before I could leap at Bella in joy of really having her here, right in front of me, I was held back by Leon's arm coming in front of me. I growled at him but he gave me a pointed look before looking back at Bella.

"Shift." He commanded and Bella looked at him confused before doing as he said. As soon as her chocolate brown wolf came into view, the smell of lilacs filling the air around us, my wolf took over and I shifted as well before leaping at Bella when Leon's arm fell in shock.

Bella's wolf let out a squeal in surprise as I crashed into her, licking her fur as well as rubbing my snout against her neck, smelling the wonderful scent of my mate after so long.

Something in me clicked back into place. Something I didn't even realise was still missing when that fake Bella, Abigail, showed up. Bella's wolf got over her shock and reciprocated what my was wolf doing to her, whining once in a while from missing us.

"Bella."

"Xan."

We whispered through I mind link and I slowly pulled back when I felt Leon coming towards us. That's when I remembered there was a dead body in front of us.

Bella and I shifted back at the same time and as soon as we did, Bella jumped at Leon, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you, daddy." She whispered with a chocked cry as Leon hugged her back just as tightly, if not more. He placed a kiss to her head and whispered,

"Me too, princess. You have no idea how much." When they parted, Bella was immediately pulled into a hug by Samantha as Leon came over to me.

"I'll get someone to disposes of this body." He spat and I nodded, to saying a word and Bella came back to me after greeting Edward. I took her hand in mine as she came time, giving her s smile that I hoped told her how much I missed her. She gave me the same smile back, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks but I shook my head and kissed her forehead.

She pulled back suddenly, something she had always done wen she had remembered something important and my wolf purred at that familiar action.

"Oh, daddy, I almost forgot. I've got company." She said and Leon frowned.

"Who?" He asked and Bella looked at him hopefully.

"The witch, her mate and child. I told them you'd allow them refuge from the rogues... promised... kind of..." Bella trailed off in a whisper. She always did that when she had done something to annoy Leon and was expecting a scolding any minute. Usually, that was the case, but today Leon just smiled, shook his and head kissed Bella on her forehead again.

"I'm glad you haven't changed a bit." He said and Bella smiled in relief, but I saw a strange glint in her eyes. It was fleeting and gone the next second. "I'll let them come. Edward, can you please ask one of the warriors to escort them to the pack house?" He asked and Edward nodded before leaving, Samantha trailing after him after giving one last smile to Bella.

"So wha-"

"Big sis!"

"Big sis! Come play with us! You are done training, right?" The voices of Levi and Naomi shouted as they ran towards us. Bella gasped as she looked at them.

"They've gotten so big." She whispered to me and I ran my thumb across her knuckles.

"I know, Bells. But be careful, they think you've been with us for about three weeks now. Even Ma, Jennifer." I told her and she frowned at me a bit before smiling widely at her siblings. She knelt down and opened her arms as Levi and Naomi crashed into her with a laugh.

The body. My wolf whispered and I quickly adjusted my position so I was blocking their view of it. Leon stepped beside me when he realised what I was doing and smiled at his kids.

"You can play later. It's almost lunch time. You know your mom's making Bella's favourite today." He said and while Levi and Naomi whined a bit, Bella's head snapped up.

"Mom made lasagna?" She asked and Levi nodded

"A ton of it, big sis! With your favourite chocolate cake!" He announced with a big smile and Bella's eyes widened before she dashed back to the house, leaving me and Leon to chuckle, shaking our heads.

When we got back in, Bella was drooling over the lasagna that was heating up while Ma Jennifer looked at her amused.

After 'Bella's' return, Ma Jennifer had thankfully gotten back to her old self, much to Leon's and the packs relief. Bella seemed to thankfully understand that she couldn't just hug Ma Jennifer like she had hugged Leon outside in the field, but I knew she wouldn't last long, and I was right.

"It's smells as amazing as it always does. I love you, mom." Bella cheered as she hugged Ma Jennifer enthusiastically while Ma Jennifer just checked and hugged her back before scrunching up her nose.

"Bella, what were you doing out there? You stink. Go take a shower before you have lunch." She ordered and Bella chuckled before saluting.

"Yes, mom. Xan, can you come with me for a second. I want to talk to you about something." She asked and I nodded, holding out my hand to her.

As soon as the door closed behind me quietly, Bella broke down in sobs. I quickly made my way over to her before her knees gave up on her and slowly sank us to the ground. Bella turned in my arms so her face was against my chest as sobs wracked her body. My wolf whined at the sounds of her sobs as I wrapped my arms around her, cooing gently in her here.

She sagged against me as hiccups came out from her mouth. I wiped her tears away and held her tightly.

"It's alright now, Bell's. You're back home. For now, that's all that matters." I whispered and she raised her head up to me.

"Xan, you know dads thinking I haven't changed-"

"Of course, you have, Bells." I whispered as I tucked her hair behind her ear. "You've been missing for a year. A lot can happen at that time. People change according to what they've gone through. You aren't any different, and Leon knows that. He's just too happy to care. And so am I." I said and Bella's lips quivered and I smiled.

"We're just happy to have you back. Changed or not, you're still our Bella." I said and she chucked a bit.

"Still as corny as ever, Xan." She whispered and I laughed lightly before kissing her on the lips.

"Forever and exclusively for you alone, my love."

—————————————————————————————————————

AN: I hoped you liked it! Comment, Vote and Follow :)