Chapter Five.

-One year later-

Xander

I stared outside the window of my room. It had been a year, well, almost a year since I lost contact with Bella.

Despite my prayers, when I arrived at the place where Bella's scent and the other one disappeared, all I could see was Bella's fallen school bag. Her books, papers, files and her most precious possession, her sketchbook, had fallen out of the bag.

In the first few days of her kidnapping, Bella had been able to contact with me through our bond, but after a slip up on Bella's side, the last thing she had been able to tell me was that she was, and will be fine. No matter what they did to her.

I had prayed like never before for her safety but since that last message from her side, it was like our bond was dulled so much that she couldn't contact me.

There were rare days that she was in so much pain that I could feel the whole impact of it through our bond and those days, I'd be put in the dungeons, chained by many chains to the walls surrounding because the first time I had felt Bella in that much pain, my wolf had taken over and trashed the whole mansion. But it calmed down when he accidentally entered Bella's room.

Ma Jennifer was just like me, but she acted, tried to act fine in front of the pack. Naomi and Levi started clinging on to me in hope that I'd get something, anything from Bella through our bond. And Leon... I had gained a new found respect for him.

He still went through the duties of an Alpha where Ma Jennifer was slowly breaking. But there were rare days, like Bella's birthday last month, where I could see he was as broken as the rest of us in his eyes, if not more.

"Xanny?" A voice called behind me but I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Yes, Naomi?" I asked and heard her take a hesitant step into the room. A sighed when she came up beside me, her violet eyes gleaming with hope. My heart clenched as I once again broke the little girls heart. "I haven't got anything, Nom." I told her softly, using her nickname she as a three-year-old asked me to call her.

The hope in her eyes dimmed, and before I knew it, she had fat tears falling down her face. Before I could say a word, she threw herself at me and tightly, as tightly as she could, squeezed my waist. Her tears soaked my shirt as her body shook with sobs.

"I- I miss her so much, Xanny!" Naomi exclaimed in a sad whine and I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing my hand up and down her back to comfort her. Ignoring my own tears that threatened to escape, I kissed her little head.

"I miss her just as much." I told her softly as she now hiccupped against my neck.

"Why did that bad man have to take her? Why my sister!?" Naomi suddenly asked in anger, but the obvious sadness in her voice wouldn't even be missed if a deaf man heard it.

My heart clenched even tighter than I thought possible. Both her and Levi were depending on me to get Bella back. And I would. But the sheer agony was when I realised I didn't even know where to start.

Bella hadn't been able to tell me how she got wherever the bas- rogue had taken Bella for obvious reasons. The first time she had been able to contact me was two days after she was kidnapped and told me that she had just woken up.

The rogue had obviously kept her drugged in those two days. Chloroform can't knock anyone out for more than a few hours. And that knowledge burned within me. That my Bella, my mate was drugged by some psychotic bas-

You really need to get over that word. My wolf said suddenly and I sighed. That was the politest word I could conjure in my imagination for that rogue.