Insect You Call A Father

To Keith's horrid luck or perhaps, maybe, just this once, good luck, Hunk had been already in the progress of starting breakfast. As the Red Paladin took a seat in front of the counter he watched Hunk's skilled hands peel, cut and handle with amazing precision. Neither Paladin spoke, both finding comfort in the silence, the sound of a well-honed knife hitting sharply against the counter the only noise keeping Keith aware he was in Hunk's company. It wasn't long till they were interrupted, the Blue Paladin shuffling in, stretching his arms above his head as he yawning with exhaustion.

"Morning Hunk, Keith," Lance slumped down beside the Half Galra and blinked away his tired tears. "What's for breakfast?"

"Hate to break the news to you, Lance," Hunk pointed towards the three plates that sat to the side already presented with strange like plants. "One of those isn't for you."

"Hunk, what the what?" Lance whined, letting his head hit the table, muffling into his sleeves. "I'm too tired to make anything."

"Then starve." Keith rolled his eyes, smiling at Hunk who chuckled at Lance's annoyed groan he emitted in response. The Yellow Paladin swiftly plated the rest before motioning to Keith to take a dish. The Red Paladin rose from his spot offering the Blue Paladin a sympathetic pat on the shoulder before following Hunk from the room. Keith didn't ask where they were headed, he'd find out soon enough, what he hadn't expected was when they arrived at the room where Rarg was healing, the frail Altean was out of his pod and sitting beside the Galra Prince.

"Ah, Hunk you came back." Lotor motioned him forward, nodding in thanks as he took the plate from his hands and offered it to the Druid. Rarg rose a brow before taking the dish, eyeing it with the highest of distrust, "Trust me Rarg, you will have tasted nothing like it."

Keith noticed Coran was standing by the recently evacuated pod and offered the man the plate of food, the advisor smiled before accepting despite the fact Keith wasn't gazing his way. Keith hadn't taken his eyes from the Altean Druid watching the way Rarg's eyes lit involuntarily after tasting Hunk's food.

"This is magnificent." Rarg complimented, "To think I would receive a meal such as this after near death, it is a dream come true."

Lotor chuckled out loud and found himself in debt to the Yellow Paladin, it had been too long since a hearty laugh had escaped these lips, seemed almost a lifetime ago. The Prince noticed Coran was no longer alone and stood from his spot, gently placing his plate beside him.

"Rarg, you remember Keith?" Lotor motioned the Paladin over, Keith was hesitant but pushed it away as he approached the slumped Druid. Rarg himself had stopped eating, his eyes were revelling in every inch of the Red Paladin as he could muster. This was Nara's flesh and blood, his dear friend's son, he had grown from the tiny defenceless baby Rarg had once held in his embrace. The thought of Nara and her fate had the Druid vowing to keep this boy safe. This time he was determined not to fail his Princess. Rarg rose from his place, bowing low to the sudden bewildered Keith before yanking the boy towards him and encircling him into a weak hold. Keith didn't know what to do, his arms were stiff at his side and his brain had yet to catch up on what was happening. Thankfully the hug was broken a few moments later and Keith stumbled back, Hunk grasping his arm to steady him.

"I cannot believe what I am seeing," Rarg had to wipe a stray tear from his cheek, "To think Nara's child survived, it is truly a miracle."

"He's much more like Nara than you think," Lotor disclosed to the Druid who suddenly turned grim and aimed a raged scowl at the Prince.

"Where is she? What have you done with the Princess?"

"Calm down Rarg. My sister is in hiding, no one knows of her whereabouts but me."