16.

16.

"Again!" Nicky yelled.

Luca and Danny lowered their suspect into the water and watched as he jerked around violently fighting for air.

Nothing.

It'd been over week since they'd been captured one of the intruders. Who knew what they were doing to Mickey, who knew if he was already dead.

They pulled the ragged man from the water. He was skinnier than when they first captured him. His skin was like raisins from all the waterboarding.

Frustrated, Danny raised him knife prepared to slit the man's, Ricos, throat.

"No!" Nicky slapped the dagger from Danny's hand. "He's are only way, don't be stupid Danny."

"Mickey is probably dead by now! We should be out looking for him, not entertaining this piece of shit—"

"You don't think I'm worried about Kill? He's my best friend, you wouldn't understand," Nicky barked completely obvious to how heartbroken his brother was over Mickey.

Danny was a mess, he needed to find Mickey because in his absence he realized that he was without a doubt gay for him. He needed Mickey to be alive. This fear in his heart, this feeling that kept him awake was cause he didn't know where Mickey was. And it was enough to push away his insecurities and take a good look at himself.

He cared for Mickey.

"It's no use," Luca intervened. "This shithead isn't talking."

Danny punched Rico across the face. "Where did your men take Mickey?!"

But Rico only smiled his bloody smile, "doesn't matter, I reckon he's dead, his brain is probably splattered across the walls, or maybe they cut him up and threw him into the lake. Both sound delightful."

"Again!" Nicky barked and they dumped in back into the brick cold water.

He's dead. Danny latched onto those two words and felt his blood pump aggressively throughout his veins like they were running away from something.

Danny pulled him back up.
"He's dead?"

"They're probably chopping his head off as we speak," Rico said while choking up water completely aware of how cruel he was being.

"You're sick,"

"No, you're sick," Rico snapped at Nicky. "I saw your old lady. Dating that damn monkey, the exotic are meant to be fucked... or raped if needed. I've done so myself and if I could I'd rape the little cunt. Then cut her into tiny cubes and have them thrown away. You don't keep those abominations as a wife to bare you dirty blooded kids."

Nicky opened his mouth to threaten Rico again but then the door opened and sound of a woman's yells chilled room. The cries were shrill and unnerving.

Immediately Nicky thought it was Carter. He'd told her to stay upstairs, what if someone broke in again? Shit, he should've—

Everyone looked surprised as Carter walked in. She was wearing skinny leather pants that clung to her every curve she had to offer. She wore high heels stilettos and as beautiful as they looked he wondered if they hurt.