Chapter 10

The rest of the day was fun. After we dry off, I buy us corn dogs and Josh buys a funnel cake. After we eat, we play some of the games and Joshua ends up winning me a blue teddy bear.

"But, wouldn't you think this bear would look so much cooler with a third eye? Ooh! Or what if he had only one ear!"

Joshua laughs in response. "You're imagination is sure something."

We stay until the carnival closes - around 10:00. There's a bus stop nearby and that was originally how I planned on getting home, but Josh insisted on driving me. I finally agree and tell him the address to Damien's place (although, he doesn't know that it's Damien's).

When we arrive I thank him and begin to head out the car, but Josh says he should walk me to the door. I tell him it's fine and wave goodbye. He waves back and leaves. I ring the doorbell and Damien answers.

"Thank god you're here Erica." He looks relieved

"What? Why?"

"Dan's drunk again."

"Oh shit." I let myself in. As soon as I walk through the door, I can tell that Daniel is definitely drunk.

Dirty laundry is thrown all over the floor, and a couple broken glasses are smashed against the kitchen counter. The smell of alcohol reeks throughout the entire house and from upstairs a loud BANG is heard.

"How did he-"

"He came home about half an hour ago talking about some girl at a bar he went to and he went ballistic - smashing things and throwing around stuff." Damien explains.

"Oh god..." I run upstairs and enter Dan's room. He stands on top of his bed, in nothing but his boxers, playing Guitar Hero. He notices me right away and drops the guitar.

"Errrrica!" He slurs and pulls me in for a hug. I quickly push him backwards and he stumbles, tripping over his bed.

"God dammit, he really is drunk." I say to Damien, who only nods.

"Brotha! Join me for a round of Guitar Hero, brotha." Dan drowsily lifts his guitar causing Damien to put his hand over his face and shake his head.

"We need to knock him out or something." I say. Damien nods in agreement.

"Look after him for two minutes, I'll be right back." He runs downstairs. A couple seconds later, I hear him yelp in pain. I run downstairs and into the kitchen as fast as possible. He lays on the ground holding his foot, cursing.

"Damien! What happened?!" I rush beside him.

"I-I stepped on a piece of glass..."

"God, Damien." I say and help him up.

I pull him onto a chair and search the cupboards for bandages. I find a roll of the gauze and take it to him, wrapping the cloth around his foot to hopefully stop the bleeding. He thanks me and tries to get up, but I stop him.

"Just sit here for a bit, okay?" He nods in response and hands a small plastic container.

"Sleeping drugs for Dan." He says.

I take the container and remove a single pill from it. I take a glass of water and drop it in before running back upstairs. When I'm there, Dan has managed to at least put some pants on.

"Erica! Where were youu?" He slurs. I guide him towards the bed and make him sit.

"Here," I thrust him the glass. "Drink this."

"Is it alcohol?"

"No it's... Er, yeah it's alcohol."

He drinks it and swallows the pill.

"How do you feel?" I ask.

"Sl-sleepy...." He falls back on the bed. I walk over to where his head rests. He's still awake, but barely. I cover him with a blanket and carefully leave the room, turning off the light as I left.

{•••••}

The minute I get downstairs, I take a broom and dustpan and sweep up the broken glass from the ground, throwing it out into the trash afterwards. I grab a chair and sit next to Damien.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yep," he says back. "Although I might need some help getting upstairs..."

"Okay, then." I lift up his one arm and put it around my shoulders to support him. I stand and he follows, his weight shifts from side to side. We don't even make it to the stairs, and he falls.

"You need to sleep down here." I say and bring him over to the couch in their living room. I quickly went upstairs to grab a pillow and blankets, then head back down. I pull a blanket over him and hand him a pillow. I'm just about to head down to the guest room, but Damien quickly grabs my hand.

"Can you stay with me for a bit?" He sounds tired.

"Sure." I sit on the floor next to him and wait for him to fall asleep. It wasn't until he was snoring when I realized he never let go of my hand.

{•••••}

Soooooo..... What do you guys think? Sorry for not posting in a while! Who do you like better: Derica or Joshica? (Yes I need better ship names.....)