CHAPTER 30

"What do you think?" I call before I walk out of the closet.

I watch as Mitch turns around, feeling myself blush as he eyes me up and down, biting his lip. "Wow, just... Wow." He says.

"Stop, don't say that." I say, covering my face. He chuckles, walking over and wrapping his arms around me.

"You look amazing." He whispers, giving me a playful squeeze. I laugh, pulling away and glancing at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a new dress, it was a short silk dress in a light pink colour. It wasn't tight against my body like my normal dresses, but flattering nonetheless. I thought it'd be perfect for New Year's Eve.

I reach into a lower cabinet and pull out a cranberry flavored vodka, along with two small glasses. I hand them to Mitch as I bend over to tie my curled hair atop my head.

"We're predrinking?" He asks.

"Just one shot." I respond, finishing up and taking my cup from him. "Are you okay to drink this?"

"Yeah. I can't drink much tonight, though." He tells me.

I nod, understanding why. "I will." I give him a sheepish smile. "I hope you don't mind if I get drunk."

"I don't have much of a choice, do I?" He asks, and I shake my head as he rolls his eyes. "Just don't go overboard."

"No promises!" I joke, knowing in my mind that I'd remember his words. "Okay, let's drink this." I say, referring to our shots. "On the count of three. One,... two,..."

"Three." He says for me, and we both tip our glasses back. His mouth curls into one of disgust when he's done, making me laugh.

"It wasn't that bad!" I say, but he responds by just shaking his head.

He takes a seat beside me on my bed, and I lean my head onto his shoulder. "We can always skip the party." I say for his sake.

"I don't want to do that to you, I know you're excited." He mumbles.

"Will you be okay, though?" I ask for what seems like the twentieth time.

"Yes, Nat." He sounds annoyed, but when I look back, he's smiling. "Let's just go now." He gets up, pulling me up with him.

I lean in for a kiss, and before we get too into it, we leave my room, keeping the door unlocked. I was worried about Mitch coming to my dorm party, but he insisted that he'd want to be with me tonight. I was worried about how people would act around him, too, hoping for the best. I could tell he was nervous, too. It didn't necessarily look like he wanted to come, I knew he was mostly coming for my sake.

"This'll be fun." I say, my fingers curling around the door handle of the lounge. Mitch just stared back, and I sighed before opening the door and stepping in.

Mitch locked his fingers in mine as I glanced around the room. "There they are!" I hear Anna running up to us in her high heels, giving us both a hug. "You two look great! Hottest couple here." She winks.

"Thanks." I laugh. I watch as she runs to the bar fridge, searching through it. How was she running so perfectly in such high shoes? She comes back with a can of beer in her hand, cracking it open and handing it to me. "Thanks." I say again, and she smiles before walking away.

"I never pictured you as a beer person." Mitch whispers in my ear.

"Yeah, me neither." I smile, taking a sip nonetheless. I spot Alex on the couch, seemingly texting someone, so I drag Mitch along with me to go say hi.