CHAPTER 5

At the end of the summer, I moved back to Toronto. Auston had been traveling back and forth between Arizona and Toronto all summer. Arizona, to be with his family and friends, and Toronto to sort out hockey business and get familiar with the team.

The World Cup of Hockey was quickly approaching, too. Auston had been named to Team North America before he'd even played an NHL game, which was crazy.

Auston hadn't yet rented an apartment in Toronto, so sometimes when he came he stayed with me in the dorm. Anna hadn't been in Toronto all summer, so this was fine. I tried pushing Auston into buying a condo or something, but he insisted that he wanted to room with someone, and he'd wait until the right time.

Currently I was laying on my bed watching Netflix, texting Auston but to no luck. I decided to call him instead.

"Hello?" he picks up.

"Thanks for answering your texts." I say, pausing my show.

"I'm driving." I can hear him groan.

"Where?" I ask.

"In my car." he says, a small snicker sounding through the speaker.

"You're funny!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"I'm going to the Rogers Centre." he says quietly, as if not wanting me to hear.

"The Rogers Centre! Why?" I ask, hopping off my bed.

"The team's going to watch a Blue Jays game. Some team bonding shit, I don't know." he says.

"Auston! Come pick me up!" I exclaim.

"I said team bonding, Nat."

"I bet other guys might bring someone. Oh please, Auston, I haven't met your team yet and I really want to." I beg.

"Oh my god, Nat." he says, and I know he's on the verge of saying yes. "What will you do if I don't take you?"

"I'll return the jersey you got me." I say, half joking.

"Seriously?" he asks, chuckling through the phone.

"I'll be ready in ten?" I ask.

"Be there in five." he mutters, and the line goes dead.

"Yes!" I cheer to nobody in particular, laughing at how I got him to change his mind. I used to be a baseball fan; me, Auston, and our dads went to a few games together when we were younger. I haven't gone to a game since, so this would definitely be great.

It was true that I've been wanting to meet the Toronto Maple Leafs for some time. I've done some research on them in order to get familiar, and I definitely think I might fangirl when I actually saw them in person.

I just had enough time to change into jeans and a sweater, putting my hair up when Auston called. I went down and outside, seeing his car along the curb.

"I hate you so much." he groans when I step in the car.

"You're the best." I sheepishly smile.

"Seriously, Nat, you owe me." he says, his eyes focused on the road.

He picks up his phone, entering his password then handing it to me. "Can you let the guys know that I'm bringing a friend? It's the most recent chat." he says.