first dates & hurtful lies -One Direction

ZAYN: "You got a new tattoo," you deadpan, observing the new body art that Zayn is donning as he walks through the door. "I just got home from tour, I haven't seen you in weeks, and that's the first thing you say to me?" he retaliates, dropping his bags in the doorway. "I'm sorry, it's just that every time you take off somewhere, you come back with another tattoo - it's beginning to get ridiculous," you argue. "Well, I'm glad you feel that way, because I actually got two of them," he points out sarcastically, leading you to scoff and roll your eyes. "You know, I seem to recall that when we first started dating, you told me that my tattoos were a turn-on and they're what attracted you to me in the first place," Zayn mentions haughtily. "Truth be told, I've never been a huge fan of tons of tattoos, but the amount you had back then kinda worked for you so I tolerated it. But you've added another 15 since then, and you are starting to look foolish!" you accuse. Remaining a forced calm, Zayn speaks slowly, "For your information, I've added 16 since then. And if you think I look so stupid, then maybe you should be with someone who doesn't have any tattoos." "Maybe I should," you state, crossing your arms over your chest. "Good, I wouldn't want to be with someone who lies to me about this kind of thing anyways. I'm glad the truth has finally come out." "You're ridiculous," you snarl. "You've mentioned that," he snaps, your argument continuing as it always does when this topic comes up.

LOUIS: After stopping to talk to a group of fans who had been waiting for you and Louis at the restuarant where you're having your anniversary dinner, Louis makes an amused comment, "They always seem to know exactly where I'm gonna be." "You need to be more careful of what you tweet then," you inform him. "What does that have to do with anything?" he questions, causing you to pull out your phone and open Twitter. "Getting ready for our anniversary dinner at Chez Josef," you read his tweet from two hours ago. "Never even realized that," he says, laughing at himself. "You know, that's how I found you the first day we met," you mention casually. "Excuse me?" "Yeah, I pretended I had no clue who you were, but I knew exactly who you were. I followed your tweets stating where you were stopping throughout the day until I found you. Then when I did find you, I played dumb and acted casual so I wouldn't scare you off. It was all part of my plan," you explain with a smirk. "So four years later, the truth comes out: you're nothing but a stalker," he muses, returning the smirk. "Guess so," you agree playfully as he just chuckles and shakes his head at you.

LIAM: You'd agreed to turtle-sit for Liam while he's away on tour, but as the minutes tick down to when he's dropping the animal off, you begin to regret offering. "Thanks again for doing this, babe," Liam says as he enters the house, placing the small tank down on the kitchen table. "No problem," you lie through a forced smile. "Here's his food, and I brought over the brushes you need to clean his tank," Liam explains. As he goes on, you can feel yourself growing more and more anxious about having to take care of his beloved pet. Your anxiety must have been evident because the next thing you know, Liam is asking, "What's wrong? You look a little nervous. It's really not as hard as it seems, I promise." "It's not that, it's just that turtles sorta freak me out a little bit," you admit. Liam chuckles in disbelief. "What? You always told me you like turtles." "I know. I lied. Honestly, there's just something about them that scares me a little. They are cute to look at, but I'm creeped out by the thought of touching them. I'm sorry," you apologize lamely. "It's alright. I'm not really one to judge for being freaked out by odd things," he mentions with a smirk. "Why did you offer to take care of him for me if you don't like turtles though?" he questions. You shrug. "I didn't want you to know I lied about liking them." Liam laughs, saying goodnaturedly, "You are something else, you know that?"

HARRY: "I was thinking maybe we could go out to the pub tonight, just for something different. The boys and some of our friends are all gonna be there, so I figured it would be a nice change from sitting at my house like we normally do. And besides, that way it'll give you and the lads a chance to get to know each other better..." Harry rambles, pulling on a t-shirt and shaking out his hair. You remain quiet, trying to figure out how to reply, which is probably why Harry babbles on nervously. "That all sounds great, Harry, but..." you start, trailing off as you try to figure out what to say next. "I can't go to the pub with you," you finally just spit it out. "Oh...um...ok. Why not?" he asks, brows knit in confusion. "I'm not old enough," you admit, biting your lower lip shyly. "What do you mean you're not old enough? You're 22, that's plenty old enough." "Actually, I'm only 17." "What?" You nod before continuing. "I lied about my age because I thought you would like me more if I were older than you." "So for over a month now, you've been lying to me?" he presses, hurt evident on his features. "Just about that!" you quickly inform him. "And it was stupid, and I never should have done it." "Yeah, it was pretty stupid," he agrees harshly, folding his arms across his chest. You can tell this conversation is going to last a while and that any hopes of a nice night together are long gone.

NIALL: "What happened to that pie I made this morning?" you call to Niall as you continue to rummage through the fridge. "Umm...the chocolate one?" he calls back from his spot in the living room where he's engrossed in the soccer game. "Yeah, did you move it?" "I have no idea what you're talking about," he denies. Closing the fridge and walking into the living room, you stop in the doorway with your hand perched on your hip. "You ate it, didn't you?" you accuse knowingly. "Not all of it," he corrects you unhelpfully. "You, Harry, and Liam ate it earlier when they were here, didn't you?" you press. "I didn't know it was for an event. I thought you just made it to have," he defends himself. "Niall, I can't believe you! You do this all the time! I hate that you are such a pig." "Hey, hold on a second, don't get your panties all in a twist. There's no need to call me a pig. Besides, you have the ability to eat just as much as I do," he points out. If looks could kill, he'd have been dead in that instant. "Ok, sorry, I shouldn't have said that," he quickly recoils. "I hate that you are bottomless pit," you seethe. "Funny, you used to love that very thing about me. Remember our first date? We had a chicken wing eating contest." "I was lying! People say and do a lot of things to try to impress the other person when they first start dating. Now, you are going to march your ass into that kitchen and make me a new pie for the party tonight and then I'm going to chop your hands off so you can't eat that one too," you threaten. Niall simply laughs and heads into the kitchen. "You're lucky I love you," he mentions. "I think you're the one who's lucky right now, Mister."