I Miss You, Asshole. - Daily Dosage.

Start from the beginning

"Okay." Josh giggles very girl like. "Why did the mushroom go to the party?"

"Why?" I anticipate myself to laugh. Josh never fails, I hope.

"Because he was a fun-gi."

I stayed silent, waiting for the punch line. When he didn't say more, I gave him a confused look. "Huh?"

"Mushrooms are fungi and the mushroom went to the party because he was a fun-guy." Josh explains.

Quinn snorts, "Worst. Joke. Ever."

"Oh I get it." I smile a bit. "But it's too late to laugh."

"It would make me feel better." Josh pouts.

So I let out a short giggle. "So funny!" I lie. Josh grins at this, which makes me smile and stare into his eyes. I've started to take notice of people's eyes more often. What? They're fascinating

"Could you two tune back to reality?" Quinn muttered.

I looked away and stared at the black and white checkered pattern of the blanket. The design made me dizzy and I was forced to look up.

Bad move.

Across from us, sitting against a tree, is Logan. And he's with Addy. The worst part was - Addy was giving Logan a blow job, right in the middle of an area where kids could see.

Where ex-girlfriends can see.

Quinn turns to see what I'm looking at and he instantly tenses up.

"Don't!" I shout, grabbing his arm before he can get up.

"Why not?" he asked, his mood turning from annoyed to pissed.

"What, what?" Josh wondered, trying to spot the situation.

"Let's just go." I suggested, already putting our empty cups and boxes away. 

"Logan's here." Quinn growled in Josh's ear. Josh stays silent and quietly helps me fold the blanket. Quinn kept staring at Addy and Logan even as we're walking to the car.

"You okay?" Josh mumbled in my hair.

Instead of replying, I crush myself to him. Those damn tears could take a hike. Let me just hug Josh and the tears will go away.

His free hand wrapped around my waist and squeezed me back.

Quinn joins us after a minute and finally asked, "Why do you guys keep hugging?"

I pull away from Josh and latch onto Quinn. "I need a hug."

Our hug soon turns to a group hug. Josh hugs me from behind and Quinn just stands there and hugs me closely. The closeness keeps me from breaking down and crying.

I didn't look at Logan when we pulled away, nor as we drove away.

"We're sorry, Haze." Josh tells me from the passenger seat.

"S'okay." I sniffed back the tears. "You didn't know he was gonna...be there."

"Want us to take you home?" Quinn inquired.

"Yeah."

I already felt exhausted. It was only eleven in the morning. I end up falling asleep on the car ride home. I woke up to someone carrying me to my front door. Quinn was holding my legs and Josh was gripping my upper body carefully.

"Hello?" I hear Mom asked in a quiet voice. I remembered she's sick.

"It's us, Ms. Grey," Quinn replied.

The door opens momentarily. I yawn and stretch as best as I can.

"Oh," Mom giggled, clearly amused.

"Hi, Hazel fell asleep in the car." Josh said, not paying attention to my awoken state.

"You guys are back earlier." Mom replied, opening up the door to let us in.

I get sit down on the couch where I stretch properly. Josh and Quinn are telling my mom what happened. I escape to the kitchen and eat yogurt.

Cheez-it crackers didn't hit the spot.

The door closes and Mom walks in with a tiny smile.

"Josh and Quinn are your friends?"

"Yeah," I smile, "My daily dosages."

"Look." Mom eased into the kitchen seat. I join her and sit opposite of her. "I know you were doing well at the therapy office, but I could only afford one hour."

I nod in understanding.

"And I can see you're getting better...with this. I just wanted to let you know," She coughs, then continues. "..That heartbreak’s are never easy. But it's life. I know you loved the guy. It was incredibly unbelievable to hear. So, just know that there's a roller coaster called life and there will be more bumps on the ride."

I nod. "Thanks, Mom. It's nice to know you care."

"I do." She drawls. "Now, I need to go to bed because the pills are kicking in."

"Happy sleeping," I watch her go until she's gone. I finish up my yogurt, go upstairs to my room, and happily change into some leggings and a baggy shirt.

Even though Logan will forever taint my mind, my life was taking a turn for the better.