brother? sister?

Jasmine ^^^^  (Zia sister)

"Kevin do you think it's  ok to just show up at her place? "

"What is her light skin butt gonna do? hit us with a broom? "

"She grew up fast I think it's time we tell her about her father. She never meet him and our Mo- "

"Don't you dare call her that, she lost that title years ago?"

"I know "

And after that went into a comfortable silence letting our thoughts drift to what has happened over the years.

____________________________________

Kevin

Why? I've been asking myself this question for years im 26 almost 27 in 4 months and I still let the past hunt me I'm supposed to be a man but I wonder will I ever become one

The hardest part about seeing my sister is telling her about her father but she has to know one way or another. We've been living a lie all our lives stuck in the walls and abuse of the women who gave birth to us.

Life has yet to set me free of my demons.

Why? Is all I ask, why? Is all I want to know

I look at my sister who to my surprise is looking at me too.

"Don't look at the past Kevin look forward the future"

"Same to you little sis same to you "

______________________________________
Zia

I open the door of my house and it was like the air got knocked out of me 

"Hey?"

"Girl don't pretend you don't know us, come give me a hug its been a long time"

I hugged my sister Who's grown a lot since I last seen her. She looks better she looks good without marks.

"I know I'm short but you still can see me now, "

"Kevin? "

"Nah it's Madea but looking like a man. Of course, it's me fool "

I gave my big but short brother a hug 

"I missed you fools, what have you guys been up too? "

"I've been in college working my butt off," Jasmine says

"I've been working on my acting career I was actually asked to play in a movie called  ride alone I was thinking about taking it.

"If you don't take the job i'll kill you. '

"Enough about me lets talk about the birthday girl. I think its time for the birthday hits "

"If you can reach me then yea"

"Oh Carmel got jokes I see. "

"Zia, we actually came here to talk to you about something"

"I knew it, Jasmine is pregnant isn't she? whos the father? How far along are you? "

"First I'm not pregnant, and this is important"

________

"Look  evalln wasn't telling you the truth about your dad. Everything she said was a lie and I think you realized that over time. We don't have the same father only me and jasmine, we found some old documents and found your birth certificate with your real dad information. "

"Zia, he doesn't have a clue that you exist we found out where he lived his name and stuff and we wanted to give it to you. So you can contact him if you want. We're sorry to have to say all this on your birthday we thought you deserved to know. We also got to head back out to L.A  soon"

"sorry sweetie Happy birthday and just let loose and have fun tonight. And this may be the last time you hear from us in a while with college and acting."

They gave me a kiss on the forehead and hugged me while I just proceed what they said.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry today but promises can easily be broken