16. Witchcraft

I was running down the street as if the whole world and time itself were disappearing and the only choice to avoid the end of the universe was to run towards her. I didn't care if I was pushing some people accidentally, I just had to get to her apartment as soon as possible.

Unfortunately, the rain started and got quite heavy in a very short time, but it didn't stop me. Such a small thing would never stop me. Even if it was a tornado, I wouldn't stop too until I kiss (Y/N).

I never noticed how far from my work she lived. Usually, I reached her place after just 20 minutes, but this time, it felt so unbearably far.

The air in my lungs felt like it was not enough. After all, I haven't had an opportunity to run so quickly for quite a long time and it had an impact on my breathing. My hair got stuck to my forehead, cheeks and neck from both, rain and sweat. I felt my clothes soaking too, what made running even harder, than it was, but once the building she lived in appeared in my sight, it didn't matter anymore.

Not paying any attention to wether I had pools of water, dripping from me on the floor, I rushed to the third floor, where she was living and knocked at her door, hoping, that she was at home and not somewhere else

My heart was pounding against my ribcage so loud so that I could even hear it, as well as the pumping of blood in my ears, when her quiet, light footsteps were heard from behind the door. I was panting heavily from running even before I knocked, but as I heard a cracking sound of the opening door, I forgot how to breath completely.

"Dazai?" (Y/N) asked as her eyes widened at the way, I looked, and just generally from the confusion "What happened with you? Why are you drenching with water? What brought you here, when the weather is so bad??"

I smiled softly at the way she looked: it seemed like she was still truly caring about me like she did before. Only if, I didn't have to say it in the past tense. If I could, I would stay here with her forever. Plus, she looked so cute now with her hair, being messy, and the oversized t-shirt, that she was wearing looked adorable on her, but...who knows, what's the reason of her, looking like this now.

Who knows what happened last night.

"I came here only to get one thing..." I whispered, walking closer to her

"Which is...?" She asked, blushing slightly at our closeness

"You."

Without giving her any time to react, I pressed her to the wall and finally kissed her.

Her lips tasted just as sweetly as when we were teens. Mine tasted like cigarettes and alcohol, while hers were still having a taste of vanilla and mint. I was kissing her just as she kissed me once 7 years ago: I was gently pressing my lips to her, moving them slowly and tenderly, while sucking at her bottom lip a little from time to time. I felt my head starting to spin a little, but I wasn't sure if it was because of the lack of oxygen or simply her, nor that I even cared about it.

That was it. I did what I came here for you and once I will pull back from her lips, I'll have to disappear out of her life and let her live her own "happily ever after" with whomever she wanted to. I would never be able to give her happiness anyway. Such a rotten person like me can only give her existing, instead of living, even if I try to. That's why, I have to let go of her in 3, 2, 1...

Finally, I pulled back from her, taking a step back to take a look at her.

(Y/N)'s cheeks were as red as a fresh strawberry as she was touching her lips, not believing in what I just did. Well, I'm not sure if she liked it, but at least, she didn't push me away or shouted at me.