13. SUMMER; Fear Of The Water

A month and a half have passed since the day, (Y/N)'s father was arrested because of me. Shortly, life was really messy throughout that time. Her father somehow avoided staying in jail for quite some time with money and with a little help of his friends so now, he was still free and still in Yokohama. To prevent any attacks from him, (Y/N) and I decided, that it's the best to improve the security in her mother's apartment and (Y/N)'s too ,as well as give them both something simple, that they could use to defense themselves. I gave them electroshocks from the Agency. They're not too dangerous to kill anyone, but they're enough to stop an attack and they're also very simple to use.

(Y/N) still didn't change her decision as to her dad. She's determined to sue him.

To be honest, I'm quite worried about her because of this. It's not like I sympathize her dad, no. He's a horrible person and deserves it. It's just that...it could be hard on a psychological level. After all, he's her father, he grew her up...I'm afraid, it can be harder, than she thinks. Even though, she hates him with all her soul.

That's why now, I'm with her today. In case, (Y/N) feels like all of this is too hard for her, I'll be near to help her like I promised her.

Today was an important day because it's our first meeting with an attorney (A/N: guys, please, correct me of it's not the right word because I'm not sure since English is not my native language). I won't be able to be with her in the court because for ex-mafia executives, it's usually better to avoid such places, where we can get noticed. Yeah, I can visit public places and walk around the town freely, but such places as courts are still not the best for us.

Anyway, today we are meeting him in his office for the first time and I'm accompanying her.

"I hope, that he will help us." (Y/N) said, when we were walking down the corridor towards his office "It took a forever to collect all the necessary documents and papers."

"Well, whatever will happen, I'm still there for you~" I said, smiling softly at her before stopping in my tracks "Ready?"

She simply nodded, smiling at me softly as well and I opened the door for her, letting her in first and only entering after her.

Immediately, we were greeted by that attorney, that we only heard through the telephone before.

He stopped writing something down the minute we walked in and stood up from his chair.

"Oh, good afternoon!" He said, smiling at us "You must be Dazai-san and (L/N)-san?"

His name was Kim Jung-Hoon, he was a little older, than me, what was surprising me straight away. So young and an attorney already. Also, he was actually Korean, but as we found out earlier, moved to Japan, when he was a teenager.

He was tall, black-eyed and he had short brown hair. He was dressed in a simple black suit, but he was very neat and galant and that could be noticed from the start already.

To be honest, I'm not sure, how to describe his face. Well...if you remember the perfect faces, that you often see in the plastic surgery advertisers and mix them with a stereotypical girl's dream boyfriend, then you will probably know, what he looked like and that's why I didn't like his appearance. It's not because I was envious of his face. The thing is that, it was clearly all fake. This man looked like he walked out straight of a plastic surgery fabric, all well-done by doctors.

Unlike most of the men nowadays, I preferred naturalness over perfection because such faces like Jung-Hoon's didn't make me feel any will to trust such people. Who knows, what's behind a plastic cover?

"Yes, it's us." (Y/N) said, smiling back at him "Dazai is a friend of mine so he will be helping me."

"A friend?" mr. Perfect asked me, raising an eyebrow, and made the urge to frown get worse

"Yes, I'm her friend." I replied "Now, shall we get to the business?"

He clearly didn't like the way, I killed his attempt to start a small talk, but he still acted professionally or tried to, at least.

He sat in his chair, behind his massive wooden desk again, as me and (Y/N) sat on two chairs in front of it

"I remember, what you told me about your case during our talk on the telephone, (L/N)-san." Kim started "But can you tell me about it again with more details this time?"

(Y/N) started talking, sometimes stopping to ask me to prove some of the facts, that she was telling and although, I had to listen to her carefully too, I couldn't help, but glare at this attorney.

He wasn't even listening! Or he was, while watching at her lips all the time!

I'm not jealous. She's not even "mine" actually because we're not dating and we're not even close to that, but he was nearly stripping her with his gaze, but (Y/N), being too pure for this, didn't notice this. Plus, she was more focused on telling him everything about the case.

He was looking at her like a wolf looks at his game.

"That's all that happened so far." (Y/N) finally finished

"Mhm..." Jung-Hoon hummed, thinking for a while, before saying "I'm pretty sure, that you can win this case if you actually sue him. You only need some more evidence, but I'll tell what you to do so these are just some small things."

"Did you hear that, Dazai?!" (Y/N) exclaimed, looking at me with her eyes, fool of sparkles "I can really win the case! And protect my mother!"

"Yeah, it's great, (Y/N)~" I said, smiling at her "I'm happy for you~"

I'm happy, but I still have some doubts...

"Count on me, (L/N)-san~" The attorney said, winking at her and smiling charmingly, making her blush because it was an open flirting now

I have a bad feeling for this.

~~~

Don't forget to vote or comment c:

Guys, I have quite a lot of things to worry about at school because my country is shitty and everything's really messed up as well as education

I'm not sure, how everything will go, but there's a chance, that I may not be able to update as much as now.

I'll try to update once a week, at least, though so don't worry.