"That is so weird. It is spreading through air," I muttered.

"This particular organism is affecting the amygdala of the limbic system in our brain. So the people are losing control over emotions," Paul, my neurologist friend, commented.

"We will do a research on the antiviral drug. But this may take a while," Doc Willis assured.

"You need to do something fast. This mutated strain is going to be big trouble," I commented.

They shrugged.

I left the place shaking my head. This is going to be tough.

I dropped Carmen home and reached the bus stand.

I received a text message from Lyra, "Come fast darling...Will go for a date. Be my valentine!"

I smiled to myself and sent her a flood of emoji, kisses and roses.

3

I was waiting for the bus, glancing nervously at the clock, when I saw a fat lady in her mid-fifties, wearing a short pink skirt, a necklace of pink plastic beads and a heavy layer of makeup, ogling at me.

I turned my face the other way.

She moved closer.

I instinctively stepped back.

"Hi handsome," she greeted.

"Excuse me aunty! I don't approve of it."

"Will you be my valentine?"

She came and wrapped me in a strangling embrace.

I sent a prayer to heaven to deliver me from this ordeal.

"Is he into older women?" someone from the crowd whispered.

"Her hormones must be super-charged," someone guffawed.

"I have a girlfriend, I am engaged." I pushed her back, glaring at the crowd.

A group of stupid girls behind me squealed in excitement.
I could hear mutterings as the lady kept trying to get closer. The crowd stared at me as if I was an object of display.

I prayed for the bus to come faster and it seemed to take ages.

"I love you," the lady adjusted her round glasses.

"But I don't."

Why wasn't the obvious visible to her? Oh yeah, the damned virus clogging her amygdala.

"I want you to marry me," she pressed on.

"I can't," I cried.

"Then I will jump in front of the bus," she threatened, attempting to jump onto the road.

"Wait, please," I caught her hand, unable to find any other way to restrain her.

I was afraid, that in her state of delirium, she might take a drastic step.

Being a doctor, I could not just let that happen.

"Oooooo, I love you soooo much," she gripped my hand, dragging out her words.

Seeing no other way I whipped out my phone and dialed a number.

"Yes dear?"

"Lyra please come over to the 8-B bus stand. I got into a mess."

4

"You really want to do this?"

"Do you know any other option?"