Jonathan Drouin (Montreal Canadiens)

I was so ready to just climb into my comfy, king size bed and binge watch Black Mirror. I was never a big Valentine's Day guy, well only when I'm single. Secret is, I'm extremely romantic. But I have never really had a girl to show my romance to. I was grabbing the ice cream out of the freezer when I heard a knock at the door.

I was confused as to who was at the door, because I wasn't expecting any visitors. My teammates were almost all taken, and my best friend, (Y/N), was out spending Valentine's Day at some fancy restaurant with her rich boyfriend who's the CEO of some big name company in Montreal. Truth is, I've been in love with her since I met her when I first moved to Montreal and I saw her in grocery store. But, I could never tell her that because the entire time I've known her she's had a boyfriend.

I opened the door to reveal my best friend, soaked outside. The pouring rain was falling down her gorgeous face and her eyes were bloodshot and red from crying. "(Y/N)? What's wrong? Come inside!" I ushered her inside and ran to the bathroom to get her a towel. I wrapped the towel around her and she gave me a soft smile as a thank you. "What happened? I thought you were supposed to be out to dinner with Andrew." I asked her, almost choking on his name. I absolutely hated him. I was almost certain he was a cheater.

"I went to the restaurant, and I told the hostess my boyfriend had a reservation. He couldn't even pick me up. He claimed that he had something at the office to finish and he didn't want to lose our reservation, because they were so hard to get. So I sat at the table, and I waited for 30 minutes. He finally showed up, but with another girl on his arm. I looked up at him and I ripped the necklace off my neck, the one he gave me for our 2 year anniversary. And I stormed out of the restaurant and came right here, hence the smudged makeup and the dress and heels."

I gave her a look full of empathy and heartbreak. My heart broke for her. She didn't deserve to be treated like this. I wrapped her in a hug and I kissed her forehead softly. It suddenly occurred to me that she was soaking wet. "Oh! Do you want some clothes to wear?" I asked her and she nodded sheepishly. "If you don't mind, that would be great." She said and I ran upstairs, grabbing a worn out Tampa Bay Lightning hockey shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. I grabbed a pair of socks too and I jogged down the stairs, handing her the clothes.

She smiled at me as a thank you and walked into my bathroom. Knowing I wasn't gonna be alone, I started popping some popcorn and turned on Netflix, looking through what to watch. (Y/N) wasn't a big Black Mirror person, so I decided to find something else to watch. "Wait, go back to that." I heard a voice behind me and turned around to see (Y/N) behind me. I went back and rolled over Starstruck. I laughed, thinking she was joking. We had already seen this movie at least 5 times.

When I saw her serious reaction, I knew I was gonna have to watch it again. I went to the kitchen and got the popcorn and ice cream, grabbed 2 spoons and I walked back to the couch, where (Y/N) had made herself at home, with a blanket on top of her. I laughed at her excitement to watch this movie for the 20th time and handed her a spoon and placed the snacks in between us.

I looked up to steal a glance at her when I noticed she had ice cream on her top lip. I chuckled and pointed to it. "What?" She asked, laughing. "You've got a little something." I reached my hand up to wipe it off. I wiped it off her face and started to move my hand, when she grabbed it and kept in on her face. She moved her hand to my face and I leaned in, not being able to take the distance anymore.

I pressed my lips to hers and everything fell into place. I pulled away after a few seconds and saw her blushing. "I love you, (Y/N). I have since the second I laid eyes on you. I love you so much and it killed me to see you with Andrew." I admitted and she smiled. "I love you, Jo." She told me and I leaned in to kiss her again. We spent our Valentine's Day watching Disney movies and eating snacks, and I got to use my romantic moves on her for the rest of our lives.

I loved writing this cuz I love Jo! Requests are open :)