Ryan O'Reilly (Saint Louis Blues)

"2+2 equals 4. This works because if you have 2 cookies, and then you buy 2 more, or if you take the number line and start at 2, and then you count 2 more spaces on the number line, and you end up at 4! Now, we would usually be moving into spelling in about 5 minutes, but we have some special visitors today that are here to see you guys!" I told my second graders and they all squealed. My husband, Ryan was coming to surprise the kids and talk to them about the team and just talk to them in general. He was also bringing Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart. The kids talked for awhile, until I got a text from Ry saying they had gotten in and were coming into my classroom. "Everyone, stop talking. Their coming really soon!" I whispered excitedly and they all smiled, and sat quietly. The door opened and Sam came in first, Jack following and Ryan after. "Ryan O'Reilly, Jack Eichel, and Sam Reinhart!" One of my students, Anthony squealed and lots of boys, a few girls too squealed with him. "Hey guys! What's up?" Sam said and all the kids watched them move to the front of the room in shock. "For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Ryan O'Reilly. I'm actually married to your teacher over there," he pointed at me and winked and I blushed. "I play for the Buffalo Sabres. We're a hockey team in the National Hockey League, much better known as the NHL. Mrs. O'Reilly over there said you guys have been great students lately and she wanted to surprise you. She said you guys have been too good to get candy or something, so she brought us here instead." He said happily and one of my girls, Tori, raised her hand. "Umm, can we still have candy? I don't really know who they are." She said quietly, clearly embarrassed. "It's quite alright that you don't know who we are, sweetheart. Some people don't like sports. That's perfectly fine." Sam said and she smiled shyly. "Really? It's okay to not like sports?" She asked, amazed he had said that. "Of course it's okay not to like sports. You don't have to like sports to be cool. You can like singing or acting or piano or whatever you want. You can like anything you want, sweetie." Ryan told her and my heart absolutely melted. He looked over at me and saw my tears and walked over, wrapping me in his arms and kissing me on the head. "Mrs O'Reilly? Are you okay?" A little girl named Anna asked me. "Ya sweetie, I'm okay. It's just when you love someone so much, sometimes you cry because they make you so happy." I told her and she nodded. She came in closer to the both of us, "is it okay for me to feel that way about Jack over there?" She asked and me and Ry both laughed. "Of course. You can love anyone you want." I told her and she smiled. "I'm gonna go tell him." She giggled and ran over to Jack. Ryan picked me up from the spinny chair and sat down underneath me, setting me on top of him. I sat on his lap, laying my head back on his shoulder. "Tired?" I nodded and he rubbed my back and shoulders. "Don't. I'm gonna fall asleep." He laughed and simply set for playing with my hair. "Can we nap when we get home?" I asked and he nodded. "Of course. If, you wear my shirt." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Funny you think I sleep in clothes that aren't yours." I remarked and he laughed, nodding in agreement, knowing I was right. "I want mac and cheese. And a pickle. And nutella. And a slurpee. And a bacon cheeseburger. And­" "I get it, babe. You're hungry." He laughed and I slapped his shoulder. "Stop. I'm starving." I told him. "You know, these boogers aren't so bad after all. I kinda want one myself." Ryan said and I shifted in his lap. I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago but didn't know how Ryan would feel about it. He had just came back from injury and the team was one of the worst in the league. It was his first season with the Sabres, after spending a few years with the Avalanche. "Ryan, I'm pregnant." I told him and he lifted my head off of my his shoulder, looking at me, wide eyes. "You better not be kidding." He told me and I shook my head. "Would I joke about being pregnant?" I asked and a huge smile came on his face. "We're having a baby!" He exclaimed. All the eyes in the room were on us. "Kids, I'm gonna be a mommy!" I told the kids and they all squealed. I heard plenty of, "can you name it after me's" and stuff like that which just made me and Ry laugh. "Get it in, Snook!" Jack whispered in our ears and I smacked him. "There's children present, Eichel!" I yelled and he laughed. "For real though, can you please name it after me?" He asked and we both shook our heads immediately, laughing. "Name it after me! Sam could be a boy and a girl!" Sam said and we laughed, shaking our heads again. "Maybe we'll name it after Jamie, that works as a boy and a girl too. He's my best friend, and they shipped him off to Anaheim. It's the least we could do..." Ry trailed off hopefully. "Oh whatever. I guess it will work." I said and he smiled kissing me. "Ewwie!" A boy yelled and we laughed, Jack and Sam saying it as well. Man, I'm lucky.

very briefly edited so sorry if it's bad :(