Michael Latta (KHL)

Michaels POV
What do you expect when you meet a beautiful girl at a Capitals game? You don't expect her to be wearing your jersey. Me, being one of the least known players on the team, not many people had many jersey. Actually I'd only met a few people who did, and when they did, they always came with a friend who was wearing Wilson. The day I met Y/N though, I don't think I've ever had a bigger smile on my face. I bumped into her at the arena.

Flashback
I can't believe I just did that. I just bumped into a girl! I helped her up, and as soon as she saw my face, tears started building in her eyes. "Oh my god, your Michael Latta." she whispered and I nodded. She turned around to show me that the name on the back of her jersey was indeed Latta. "I don't suppose you have a Wilson with you? Usually when people have my jersey, they have a Wilson with them." I told her. "Nope, I'm flying solo." she grinned. "Oh god! Do you want me to sign that for you?" I asked, realizing I never did. "Umm, of course." she said and grabbed a pen out of her purse. "I keep it there just in case." she said blushing and I smiled at her. "Well today's your lucky day." I told her and she blushed. "You seem like a great girl, would you like to get coffee with me sometime?" I asked and her eyes widened. "You, want to have coffee, with me?" she asked and I nodded. "Well then I guess I can't really pass up that opportunity."
flashback over
One coffee date led to another, and 3 years later, Y/N is the love of my life. For a while, Y/N was sick. She was feeling under the weather for weeks, probably even months. I finally convinced her to go to the doctor. I couldn't go with her, because I had practice, but she assured me she'd be okay. "Mikey, I'll be okay, I promise. I love you." she told me and I mimicked the words back to her. She gave me a quick kiss on the lips and just like that, she was gone. I was home when she came home from getting her test results done. "What did they say?" I asked. "They told me they'd get them back to me in a week or so." And that's just what they didn't do. They took almost a month to get her test results back. I was so relieved when they finally showed up. "Your test results came in." I told her one day when I was feeding through the mail. "Oh they did? Okay." she said seemingly nervous. I handed her the envelope and she nodded at me as a thank you. She lifted the flap and pulled the papers out. A small gasp escaped from her lips and I got up to see what had caused her to do so. "Mikey." she breathed out through her tears, pointing at something on the paper. Leukemia. Y/N had leukemia. My beautiful, stunning, healthy, Y/N was suffering from leukemia. Tears streamed down my face as I looked up at my wife, who's eyes were wet and glossy. I pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back as we cried together. The next days were hard. Y/N was in denial. She wanted to believe she was healthy. And so did I. But we couldn't. She was sick and she might not be getting better. Y/N decided she wanted to tell the team. Trotz agreed, but was a little hesitant because he didn't know what it was. We wanted to tell the whole team together. After practice, I grabbed Y/N from the bench by the ice and we walked into the locker room. "Hey Y/N! Always good to see you!" TJ yelled and walked over to Y/N, pulling her into a hug. "Hey Y/N." the team said in unison, Willy, Ovi, Holtby, Burky, and Backy also getting up to hug her. "Should I tell them or do you want to?" I asked. "You, please." she whimpered and I nodded, grabbing her hand. "Guys. Y/N is sick. She has leukemia." Every face in the room dropped, many had wet eyes. Because I'd been married to Y/N for 6 months and we dated for 2 years, much of the team had grown close to her. When TJ came in though, they were instantly best friends. "No, this isn't happening. She has to be okay! She can't be sick! Y/N, please tell me your okay." TJ yelled frantically. "I wish I wasn't, Osh. I'm sick." he started crying and left the room. Most of the team came up to us and started hugging her. "Mikey, I have a headache." she said to me and I nodded, saying bye to the rest of the team. "Mike! Y/N passed out!" I heard Holtby yell and I ran up to him, kneeled over my wife. "Oh my god." I said and picked her up, running out of the locker room and to the nearest hospital.
----
Practically the whole team was in Y/N's hospital room. Just then, a doctor came in and we all looked up. "Mr Latta? Can I speak to you?" he asked and I nodded, getting up to talk to him. "It doesn't look good. I suggest you all say your goodbyes now." he told me and I shook my head. "No. She was just diagnosed. You have to be able to do something." I told him. "There's nothing we can do, sir. I'm so sorry." I walked in crying. "He thinks we should say goodbye." Their heads fell and they nodded. Most of them just said goodbye and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Willy and Ovi said some Really nice things. But when TJ went up there, that was something else. "Y/N. Your my best friend. Thank you for being the first person to accept me when I came to Washington. I'll always hold you close to my heart. I love you, Y/N/N." he said and kissed her on the forehead as he walked out in tears. I walked up to her, willy sitting next to me. "Hey baby. It's amazing how your laying here sick and your still the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. I'm so sorry this had to happen to you. I wish it was me. I love you with all my heart baby. This isn't fair. We just got married, we were gonna have kids. Thank you for always being you, my darling. I love you, please I'm begging you, don't leave me." Her heart rate slowed down and I started sobbing. "Baby please! You can't leave me!" I yelled to her. Just then, a miracle happened. Her heart rate came back, and her E/C eyes started opening. "Mikey?" she asked. "It's me baby, it's me."

tricked you :) hope you guys liked this one! all these updates this weekend are weird but I haven't really done anything😂