Nikolaj Ehlers (Winnipeg Jets)

"Charlotte, Kylie, keep it down girls! Mommy's trying to sleep." I woke up to my husband Nikolaj quieting down my giggling 3 year old twin daughters, Charlotte and Kylie. My eyes slowly opened and a soft smile came on my face as I saw my 2 baby girls in my face, Nikolaj on the edge of the bed staring at us. "Hi my queen." He said, walking over to the side of the bed to give me a soft kiss on the lips. "Mommy! The Easter Bunny left us candy and treats!" Charlotte exclaimed. "That's awesome, Charlie! Why don't we go find the baskets and then we can eat some of the candy while Mommy makes breakfast?" I proposed and they nodded, Kylie grabbing Charlie's hand as they ran out of the door. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and Nik laid down next to me, kissing my jaw. "I'm sorry baby, I tried to get them to quiet down so you could sleep but they were just so excited." He apologized and I smiled. "It's okay. I got some pretty good sleep, and it was a great treat to be woken up by my little girls and my handsome husband." I smirked and he rolled his eyes, kissing me on the lips. "The girls are waiting..." I trailed off and he groaned, helping me up. "Did you find your baskets yet?" I asked Kylie after we got out of the room and she shook her head, crossing her arms across her chest, pouting. "I can't find it anywhere!" She exclaimed and I laughed. "I'm sure you'll find it, princess. Want Daddy to help?" Nikolaj asked her and she smiled. My heart fluttered watching my baby girl and the love of my life interact so cutely. "Did you find your basket, Lottie?" I asked Charlotte. "Only Daddy can call me Lottie." She snapped putting her hands on her hips, giving me a glare. "I'm sorry, baby." I said and she smiled. "It's okay Mommy. And yes, I did. Can I pleeease open it? I've been waiting a​ll day!" She groaned dramatically and I laughed. "You have to wait for Kylie, sweetie." I told her and she huffed. "I'm gonna go help them. Amateurs." She rolled her eyes and flipped her hair dramatically, causing me to crack up laughing. I walked into the kitchen to start breakfast and coffee. As I was mixing together pancake mix, Kylie and Charlotte came running in, Nikolaj trailing behind them. "Mommy, we found Kylie's basket! Now can we please open them?" Charlotte groaned and I nodded laughing. Nik sat on the couch and the girls sat down on the floor, so I sat down next to Nikolaj, leaning into him and feeling his arm wrap around me and pull me close to him, kissing my head and grabbing my hand. "How are you, love?" He asked softly and I smiled. "I'm doing pretty good, you?" I asked and he nodded, kissing me. "Mommy, Daddy, don't be gross! Pay attention to us!" Charlotte said and we laughed. In case you couldn't tell, Charlie was always the star of the show in the Ehlers house. "Okay Lottie, we're watching. Open 'em." Nikolaj told the girls and they immediately pulled the wrapping off the baskets and started pulling the candy out. "Paw Patrol flip flops!" Kylie exclaimed giggling as she pulled them out of her basket. They had pulled out all of the candy, the flip flops, the socks, some new frilly hair ties, a new pair of pajamas and a new swimsuit and they were loving it all. "Mommy, I got it all out." Kylie said and I nodded. "Kylie, you missed it! There's Mickey bubbles in the bottom!" Charlie exclaimed and Kylie grinned, tearing apart the colored grass looking for the bubble bath. "I found it!" She exclaimed, hoisting it above her head like it was the Stanley Cup. "Look Daddy, I do it like the Hawks do it!" She giggled. "Daddy, are you gonna be able to do that one day?" She asked and he smiled. "Hopefully, baby girl. And I know that if I do, you're gonna be in the stands, cheering me on with your jersey on. And Lottie is gonna be there, and so is your Mommy." He said and she nodded, giggling. "I have one thing for you that the Easter Bunny didn't leave." I told them, nodding at Nikolaj and getting up. I went into me and Nikolaj's room, grabbing 2 gift bags for the girls. I walked down stairs and saw the girls waiting, walking the bags over to them. "Here you go babies." I said. "Thank you Mommy!" Kylie said and Charlotte repeated the words. I nodded and smiled and told them to wait. "Open on 3; 1, 2, 3!" I yelled and they tore the tissue paper out. They both pulled out Jets T­shirts, and they both said "Big Sister" on the back. They looked at me and I smiled. "Santa decided very early that you guys have been good girls lately. So, around Christmas time, he's giving you a new brother or sister!" Nikolaj exclaimed and Kylie started clapping and yelling. Charlotte was different. "You don't love me! You decided to get another baby because I'm not good enough for you!" She ran upstairs crying. I looked at Nik and he nodded and walked upstairs to get her. "Is Charlie mad Mommy?" She asked and I nodded. "We were hoping she would be happier." I told her. I picked her up and I carried her upstairs and walked to Charlie's room. The door was closed so I sat outside, sitting Kylie on my lap. "Isn't this spying, Mommy?" She asked and I giggled, shushing her. "No, it's just careful listening. But don't do this when Mommy and Daddy have the door closed." I joked and she nodded. I could hear Charlie crying and I heard Nikolaj speak up. "Sweetheart, me and your Mommy love you so much. We just thought you might like another playmate." He told her carefully. "Are you sure that's why, Daddy? Are you sure it's not because I'm a bad daughter?" She asked sadly. "No baby, not even close. You are a great daughter baby. Don't ever think you aren't. I love you, Lottie." He told her and my heart swelled. "I love you too, Daddy." A few seconds later, Nik came out with Charlie in his arms. "Spying on us, I see?" He asked after he set Lottie down and Kylie got up and ran downstairs to get their new bubble bath so we could get them in the bath before our family came over. "Shut up. You and Char are really cute though." I told him and he smiled, setting his hands on my stomach and kissing my forehead, my nose, my cheeks, and then finally pressing a soft kiss on my lips. "I love you. I can't wait for baby number 3."