Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers)

Connor's POV
"Connor, I looooove you!" My best friend drunkenly slurred. I had been in love with her ever since we met in 7th grade, but she was one of the most popular girls in the school, always, so it seemed like she always had a boyfriend or she constantly had a crush on someone who wasn't me. But we stayed best friends for 7 years, and now she lives with me out in Edmonton. "Y/N/N, you're drunk. You don't love me. You love Taylor. That's why you're dating him." I reminded her, and myself really that she didn't love me. "No Connie, I only love Taylor cuz I knew you didn't love me so I had to find someone else! Tay Tay has pretty hair, but you have pretty everything, Mr Connor McDonnor." She shoved my shoulder and giggled again. "Babe," I started. "See, you calling me babe just made my heart flutter! Just like always! You always call me babe but this time it made my heart flutter! I love you Connie!" She giggled again and then twirled her hair around in between her fingers. "Y/N, just please. Let's just get you into your pajamas." I told her and she shook her head. "No. I want to stay up and talk to the guy I ​love." S​he told me. She was seemingly less drunk, but she was still very tipsy. "Why don't I take you to Taylor's house then." I told her and her eyes went wide, tears welling up inside of them. "Taylor." She sobbed out and I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms. "I just told you what I've been feeling for the past 3 years when I have Taylor." I ran my hands through hair and kissed the top of her head. "I mean I knew at some point that I loved you, like a lot. I think I knew I loved you that one day when me and you were out late, because I was out of cramp medicine and had bad cramps but I still drove. I remember seeing the headlights come at us and seeing you turn the steering wheel and the car hit you instead. You risked your own life to save mine and t​hat i​s the exact moment when I realized I loved you. Your beautiful eyes, dirty blonde­ish hair that makes you look like a grandpa sometimes, your shyness, the cute things you do during interviews that I have come to love so much, your determination, how you act around kids, the way your not perfect but that makes you the most perfect human being alive just amazes me. And those are all just p​ieces o​f everything I love about you." She told me. "For me, I first realized I loved you when we were in like 8th grade, I think. I really liked you in 7th grade, but I realized I was in love with you in 8th. I remember when that jerk, what was his name? Oh ya, Logan. He ditched you at the 8th grade dance for Jessica Abraham. And then he spilled red fruit punch on her $700 dollar dress. Man, she was a brat. She was so rich, and thought she was better than everyone. All my friends had dates except me, because Logan asked you before I could. And you came to my house, hair done all nice, make up done beautifully but still minimal, your brand new mani pedi which couldn't even be seen because you wore converse to the dance. You loved your converse. You still do. I don't think a birthday has gone by when I haven't gotten you either converse or money to get new ones. That was before the dance. And after he ditched you, you showed up at my house crying and told me that Logan had ditched you at the dance and that you walked all the way to my house. You had makeup dripped down your face, and your hair was in a ponytail and you had a lululemon headband in. How the heck you got it, I'm not sure." She laughed. "It was in my little purse thingie. I hate looking nice. I'd much rather wear my Oilers sweatshirt and either yogas or sweats. That's just who I am." She told me and I smiled. "And that's what I love about you." I told her. "I don't deserve you. I'm basically cheating on Taylor with you and you still love me." She told me and I sighed. "You've been dating Taylor for almost a year. You've dated tons of boys and I've still loved you. If that doesn't make me stop loving you, I don't think anything is ever gonna make me stop loving you." I told her and she smiled. "Good. I don't think I could live without you loving me." She told me and I kissed her cheek. "I don't know how much longer I could go without you knowing and knowing you didn't love me back. I want to wake up next to you, every day, for the rest of my life. I want to grow old with you, I want us to be holding each other's hands when one of us takes our last breath. I want to have a family with you. I want to take you to all my games with you in my jersey. I want to wipe every tear that falls from your beautiful eyes and I want to be the one to kiss your rosy cheeks and your pink lips. I want to take care of you when you're sick. I want to wake up every morning and make you coffee and breakfast and make lunch for the kids for school. I want to be the one you run around the house singing Alessia Cara and Charlie Puth with. I want to come home stressed but then happy just to know that my beautiful girl is home and she'll cheer me up the second I get home. I want to be here for you for the rest of your life." I told her kissing her on the head. "Now let's get some sleep. We gotta break the news to Tay in the morning." She sighed and nodded. "I know we have to but I really don't want to. I've spent over a year with him, he was always a really good boyfriend. I'm too nice for this. I don't want to see him heartbroken." She admitted and I nodded. "He's my best friend. I don't want to see him hurt either. But you, my love, are my best friend and m​y love. And he's loved you for a year, and I've loved you for 7. He'll get over it." I said and she smiled. "I'm tired." She stated and I chuckled. "Me too baby, let's sleep." I picked her up and took her upstairs, changing her out of her dress and into some pj's. "I love you. And I'm gonna do everything I can to make sure you never stop loving me."

good god this boy and the way he makes me feel😍😍