Nolan Patrick (Philadelphia Flyers)

Nolan's POV
I woke up to my girlfriend of 5 years, (Y/N), tossing and turning next to me. I rolled over to see it was just passed 2 am. "Can't sleep?" I asked her as I stretched out my limbs, trying to wake myself up. I knew I was gonna be up awhile if she was up. She has trouble sleeping occasionally, and when I say occasionally I mean usually around once a week, she's up tossing and turning into the early morning hours. "Ya, I don't know why. I didn't sleep like 2 days ago." She said, annoyed. "How long have you been awake for?" I asked her, sitting up. "Babe, you don't have to wait up with me. You were up 2 nights ago and you have a game tomorrow." She told me and I immediately shook my head. "I won't be able to sleep if I know you're up." I told her and she smiled. "You're too sweet but really, I'm fine." She assured me and I just shook my head. I know she's been awake since we laid down at midnight. "Have you tried reading yet? Counting sheep? Laying with your eyes open? Listening to your sleepy music?" I asked her and she nodded her head to all of them. One of those almost always worked. When it's really bad, I usually have to result to our last option: driving. If she really can't sleep, we get in the car and drive around the neighborhood with our car ride music playing in the background. We usually only make it through a song or two and she's crashed in the passenger seat. "Drive?" I asked her and she looked up at me through her lashes. "Nol, I told you, I'm fine. I'll try counting sheep again or laying with my eyes open." She told me and I rolled my eyes at her stubbornness. "Babe, it's really no big deal, I swear. It's like 30 minutes of my life. Plus, I can nap during the day before the game. Stop worrying about me and worry about yourself for once." I told her, kissing her forehead lightly and getting out of bed, going over to her side of the bed to help her out. "Come on love, let's go drive." I grabbed her hand and slid on some tennis shoes that were in our room, throwing on a hoodie and waiting for (Y/N) to finish getting changed. She sleeps without pants, and going pant less in the 10 degree early morning winter in Philly. She puts on a pair of Nike joggers and one of my Brandon Wheat Kings sweatshirts, throwing her hair up in a messy bun and slipping into her black Ugg boots. I smiled to myself, looking at her in awe of her natural beauty. She was sleep deprived, had big bags under her eyes, and was wearing pajamas and was still the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and held up the camera. "Nol, get that out! I look disgusting!" She yelled and I just chuckled, refusing to put my phone down. "Please! Babe you look so cute just let me take a picture of you. I'll play with your hair when we get back..." I trailed off and her eyes immediately perked up, her mouth turning into a big smile, posing for the picture. "Smile, love." I said to her and she smiled as I snapped the picture. "Beautiful." I told her and she shook her head, rolling her eyes. I grabbed my lanyard off the key hook, grabbing her hand and walking out the door, unlocking my car and locking the door to our cozy little home. I pushed the button to start the car and turned on bluetooth, turning on our car ride playlist. She leaned her head against the window, closing her eyes, humming along to No Promises by Shawn Mendes. I took two turns around our neighborhood and soon enough, (Y/N) was sleeping next to me. I smiled to myself and I headed back to our house. This is why I didn't mind getting up and driving around, because it takes her 5 minutes to fall asleep and she looks so adorable when she's peacefully sleeping. I pulled into our driveway, turning off the music and got out of the car. I walked to her side of the car and pulled her out, carrying her bridal style into our house, opening, closing, and locking the door with my girlfriend peacefully sleeping while balanced on my knee. I walked her upstairs and I took off her boots and sweatpants, knowing how much she hates pants. I placed her into bed and took my shoes and shirt off, climbing in next to her. She was slightly awake after all the movement so I went I laid down next to her, she immediately rolled over and laid her head on my chest. I smiled and immediately fulfilled my promise, lifting my hand up and running my fingers through her hair, twirling some strands through my fingers. Soon enough she was asleep on top of me and I smiled to myself, knowing my work here was done. I kissed her on the forehead and fell asleep with the love of my life on top of me.

(A/N) some Nolan fluff never hurts :) requests are open! Check out my new social media book about Brock Boeser called Prince Charming :)