Darkness Comes to Light Pt. 1

*Past*

Dazai stood on the side of the road, and he checked his watch again. He waited patiently for his ride to pull up. It had been a long few months in rehab and Dazai wanted nothing more than to be home now with his son, and husband. Dazai looked up as a car pulled up beside him, and Kunikida got out, and greeted him.

"Good morning partner, good to see you after 6 months."

Dazai smiled and opened his arms. "Ah Kunikida-kun! Nice to see you too! I must say it's been a boring 6 months, especially since I didn't get to mess up your ideal schedule. But I promise I will make up for all the missed time!" Dazai smirked.

"I swear if you do anything to mess up my day you bandaged-!"

"Kunikidaaaaa, what kind of man do you take me for?" Dazai whined. "You have a 24-hour grace period." Dazai smirked.

Kunikida rolled his eyes. "Lucky me. Anyways, I brought someone to see you."

"You did?" Dazai said surprised.

The car door opened, and Dazai saw a bob of bright red hair and dark brunette hair. Dazai looked at Chuuya was holding up their one-year old's hands with his, helping him walk a little.

"Want to show Daddy what you've learned?" Chuuya smiled and he let go of Arsené, and the young child walked towards his father on his own. Dazai smiled proudly at his son, and he picked him up as soon as he reached him. Dazai covered his little face in kisses, and he held him close to him.

"I've missed you so much... and you've learned to walk." Dazai said chuckling proudly. Arsené giggled and he touched Dazai's face smiling. Chuuya looked at the scene in front of him, and he smiled happily. Dazai looked up from his son, and at Chuuya. Chuuya tried to hold back his tears, and Dazai rushed over and kissed Chuuya's forehead and hugged him close to his chest.

"Don't cry babe... I'm back... I'm back and I'm not going anywhere."

"I've missed you

"I've missed you..." Chuuya said as he wiped his tears. "I know it's just... we missed you so much." Chuuya said as he rubbed Dazai's cheek gently.

"I'm home now. And I promise you that's where I'll stay from now on."

*Present*

Arsené looked down sadly at the mangled pancake. "Daddy I'm pretty sure that's not how a pancake is supposed to look." He pouted.